✧𝐗𝐕 (a drive to CVS)

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  𝐑𝐨𝐛𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐬  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

-

I was really pushing it this time, but Niccolò
wasn't falling for my act so I had to come up with a better lie.

Without another word Niccolò started the car and drove like a madman until we reached a CVS near us. He took a quick and life threatening turn to park the car.

"Come." He ordered me before stepping out
of the car slamming his door shut.

I sighed and unbuckled my seatbelt to head inside the pharmacy with him. He stormed through the store all the way down to the feminine produce aisle.

He looked clueless as he searched the many options. Him being him, Niccolò grabbed the most expensive one and went with it. Actually he bought three, just to be sure I suppose.

I was actually pretty scared. He hadn't spoken a word since I told him I might be pregnant. I'm not sure if that was the best bet or not. Probably not.
I sighed. Another failed attempt to leave his side.

"You know I'm pretty sure hospital pregnancy tests are more effective than these." I told him as we stepped in line to pay for our stuff.

"I can't believe you would do something
like this."

"What do you mean?"

"I thought you," he spoke a little bit louder than usual. "I thought that you were this perfect innocent girl. I thought you were different than all the other women and held a little more respect for yourself— to higher standards. Turns out I was wrong."

"Excuse me, what's that supposed to mean?"

The cashier was giving us pretty dirty
looks already.

"If I would've known, I would have just gone right down to Hollywood Boulevard and picked myself just about any other ordinary whore."

Any other? He did not just say that to me at the
CVS checkout.

"You—" I said after gasping. "you don't know anything about me." Was all I said before folding my arms across my chest turning the other direction.

I tried counting how many bubble gums they sold to distract myself from crying.

The cashier stared wide eyed. Lucky for Niccolò it wasn't a woman. Or else I'm sure she would've gotten involved.

His comment would have offended me if it were true, but it wasn't. Still he could be really mean when even when he didn't mean to.

"Will that be all for you today?" The cashier asked with un-phased attitude.

"Yes." Niccolò took out his black card and
paid for the three tests.

He ignored the receipt and took me to the bathroom right at the back of the pharmacy.

"Ew, I don't want to take the test in
there."

"You cannot be possibly complaining
right now."

I was absolutely complaining. And what was worse is that I was absolutely not pregnant. There was no need for me to take these.