✧𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕 (one ugly dress)

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 𝐑𝐨𝐛𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐬 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
-

"Two weeks," Victoria said while she sipped a glass of champagne as she sat on the white satin couch that stood on one of the private dressing rooms.

She had invited a few of her friends to my wedding dress fitting. And I, had no voice to say otherwise.

We had left at eight 'o clock that morning. Victoria took me out of bed and pushed me inside the shower. She said that a wedding two weeks away had to be planned 'now, now now!' I didn't even have a chance to eat breakfast or say hello nor goodbye to Daddy as Victoria stuffed me into the car and drove off to meet her friends at the wedding dress boutique. I didn't even see if Niccolò had stayed the night. If he had even returned.

"In two weeks Los Angeles is to see the most glamorous and fairytale-like wedding yet!" She chuckled to one of the ladies sitting beside her.

I wasn't sure if they were aware that I couldn't hear what they were saying behind the thick curtain that stood a few feet from the couches and mirrors. But they cackled and made just about every snarky comment about my height, weight, hair, size. You name it.

They spewed so much venom I was sure I'd come out and see that the white dresses on display had been stained a bright purple liquid that traced back to the origin of their wrinkly purple lips.

But I didn't care. I couldn't shake Niccolò off my mind. The occasion was exciting. The store was Rodeo Drive's most exclusive. I might have been delighted if it were under other circumstances. But they were not. I was being forced to marry. To marry a deceiving, lying, criminal who didn't even love me. I was forced to put on a happy face in front of Victorias old pals, or else.

Daddy was the the only reason that I allowed all of the humiliation to play out like a play destined to ruin the poor puppet it was about. The only reason.

I wiped the small tears in my eyes and toughened up. I removed the white robe with the words "Bride in Training!" stitched in small pink letters and grabbed dress number— six? I couldn't remember. My feet were sore and I was so certain that I had pulled a muscle on my right arm from all of the previous ruffled messes I'd tried on before.

I removed the heavy dress from its wooden hanger. No! Not more ruffles! I whined as I placed the puffy mess of fabric over my tousled head. I called for someone to zip it up and headed outside for another round of who-can-come-up-with-the-best-insult-for-skinny-little-Dani?

"Oh, Victoria is that the one?"
Asked Meredith. That's the woman I recognized at the rehearsal dinner. A red haired woman with the largest set of boobs I had ever seen.

"Oh, Dani looks so tall in this one!"
Someone mentioned.

"She certainly does. The last one was so not for her. Mm-mmh!"

"Mm-mmh!" Repeated all three remaining women in unison.

The nice young woman who was helping pick out the dresses rolled her eyes subtly. How I felt for her.

"Well, what about this one?"
I asked not really caring what they thought. Not caring about what they picked out. I just wanted out of there. I wanted to go home.

"Absolutely not!"
Said a black haired woman I later recognized as Janice from Monte Carlo.

"Oh, no dear."
Becky, Rebecca Thomson, the owner of the store (married to the actual owner) mentioned.

"Sally!" Becky called out to the woman who had previously rolled her eyes. "Sally, none of these are calling our names! Isn't there anything, any good back there? What about one from the newest catalog? The newest of the new, Ralph Lauren, Chanel, something! Go make yourself useful Sally come on now!"