✧𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈 (Daddy's confession)

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  𝐑𝐨𝐛𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐬  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
-

After the wedding rehearsal was over, much to my great relief, Daddy had insisted that Niccolò should stay in one of the guests rooms of the house. Of course, only after very clearly stating that we were to sleep in two totally separate rooms.

Niccolò had gone out to his house to get a few of my things that I had requested over a list inside a twice folded piece of paper that was given to him by Victoria (This was done discretely to hide the fact that I didn't have a single thing of mine in my supposed upstairs bedroom from Daddy) since I still wasn't speaking to Niccolò yet.

Even though his place was over a half hour drive from here, almost two hours had gone by and Niccolò was still nowhere to be seen with my Nivea night cream, slippers, my favorite Dolce & Gabbana perfume bottle, a few dresses and heels, underwear and fuzzy socks.

Daddy had told me that it was of utmost importance that we spoke tonight about some things he so desperately needed to tell me about. But I told him I wanted to get out of this ridiculously tight dress and remove my makeup before he could do just that. He had complied and sent me off to my room with a kiss and the message that he would be waiting by his office in an hour or so. But much to my dismay Niccolò had taken almost three, to get back.

So, I found myself anxious over both the secrets waiting to be revealed in my Daddy's office, and about my comfy pjs laying uncomfortably stuffed in a Louis V. bag at the back of Niccolò's trunk.

I took a shower in Victorias master bedroom and washed my hair with some of her strangely smelling imported shampoo and later went to ask her if she had any sleepwear that would look like something I would wear. She said she obviously did not and told me, much to my surprise, that my old clothes were neatly folded and tucked away in my "bedroom" closet. She left the room smiling with confused eyes at the fact that I had thought she threw them away.

I went into the bedroom she said was mine and ran straight for the closet. Sure enough, my clothes were all there. Even my favorite jean jacket I swore i'd die over if I ever lost was there. My ballerina slippers, my skirts and tights, even my Mickey Mouse sweatshirt. It all seemed so youthful. So very pink!

I remembered I had once looked into my closed and thought it was the peak of my fashion career. Now, it seemed as if I had outgrown everything in it. And a new fresh wave of unsettling sadness washed through me. By the thought that I—was growing up.

Goodness, it seemed as if I didn't realize that the rehearsal dinner for my own wedding just took place that same night. But it wasn't until then, that I compared the pink and dainty clothes in my old closet, to the fashionably tight and edgy new clothes in Niccolò's big old mansion that I realized it.

I took a deep breath and took the Mickey Mouse sweatshirt and put it over my head for the last time, I grabbed the pink and white pants made of cotton and pulled them up to my waist. Even though I was sad, I couldn't help but think about how cute I looked as I stood of front of the large brown wood adorned mirror.

I put on my bunny slippers and headed for the door. As I went down the large well polished steps, I realized how much I missed home. Well, being somewhere close to home. I couldn't believe it would be one of my last days in it.

I wondered as I stood outside of Daddy's office and stared at the now dark blue twilight sky outside the large patio doors. Every decoration had been taken out and put away except for the lanterns that hung from the trees shining like big fireflies.