✧𝐗𝐈𝐗 (awake)

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  𝐑𝐨𝐛𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐬  *:・゚✧*:・✧
-

The drive home was silent. I wondered what he was thinking about, of course I would never know. He would never tell me. Or maybe he would, only if he decided to. He was so unpredictable it was almost predictable to me to know what he would do. If that makes any sense.

The movie was pretty amazing. I cried on the part where the father lion died. Of course, Niccolò made fun of me after. I tried to understand a bit about how he felt about his own father. And his reaction after he laughed said it all.

He was serious after the whole entire movie. He never said a word to me. Only after the movie was finished he asked if I had liked it, but that was about it.

When we got home Niccolò went straight to the bar to pour himself a drink. I only let him because he did drink the water cup I had gotten him back at the theater.

"Tonight was super fun. Thank you, Niccolò." I said sitting on the bar stool in front of him.

"Of course." He almost said it as if it wasn't necessary to thank him.

"Want a drink?" He said almost too suggestively as he placed a large ice cube in his glass with small silver tongs.

"You know I don't."
I laughed.

"I'll eat a cherry though." I said, reaching over the counter for the small red jar. I unscrewed the lid and popped a juicy one in my mouth.

"Have you ever had anything else besides
wine?" Niccolò asked, pouring whisky into
his glass.

"Before I tried that wine in Vegas I had never
even had wine." I admitted.

He paused and smugness lingered on his face. "That was the first glass of wine you've had in your entire life?" He asked in disbelief.

"It was."
I laughed at his genuine shock.

"Would you like to try this?"
He asked suddenly gesturing to his drink.

"You wanna kill me don't you?"
I joked.

"You do have to try new things, Dani.
What if it's the best thing you've ever tasted?"
He lifted a brow.

I hesitated but took on the challenge. I took the glass in my hands and slowly lifted it up to my nose to smell it. My nose crinkled at the strong scent but placed the thin edge on my lips and went for a sip.

"Ew!" I yelped as the stinging liquid burned my tongue. I grabbed one of the napkins and tapped my tongue away. "Ugh, that's disgusting!"

Niccolò's laughed as I crinkled my nose again.

I glared at him and wondered how it was possible to enjoy drinking toxic waste as much as he did.

"Here, eat this." He said still smiling as he handed me the open cherry jar.

I reached for two and shoved them in my mouth.

"I can't believe you drink this every day."
I reproached.

"How did you like it?"
He teased.