✧𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈 (what he could be)

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  𝐑𝐨𝐛𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐬  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

-

We sat down in silence for a few moments. It was strange sitting beside each other without any of us having a reason to fight or argue. As I sat through the awkward silence and subtle clinking of our cutlery I realized that we truly had nothing to talk about. I knew nothing about him. And he didn't really know me.

I heard a couple of giggles come from the hall near the kitchen. I knew it was Lucia. She told me she hoped one day me and "the master" would get along more. And I, secretly, shared her opinion.

"So, how was work today?" I asked suddenly after slightly clearing my throat.

"Fine." Niccolò coldly answered.

I hated when he did that. I'm usually a pretty talkative person. I'm used to sitting at the dinning table and having conversations of just about anything that's been happening recently. But with Niccolò it was the complete opposite.

"So what is it that you do?" I asked to try and start at least a simple conversation. I then whispered, "You know, besides being a criminal?"

Niccolò gave me an annoyed stare.

"Forgive me, sir. I was just trying to find out more about my supposed husband." I said once again being sarcastic.

"Come on, seriously, what is it that you do? I'm interested." I insisted with a playful tone in my voice.

I guess I found it amusing how bipolar he was. One moment he was so playful and confident and the next he was so serious like a grumpy grandpa. I guess he found it funny too since I swore I saw an actual smile form on his lips for a moment.

He sighed in defeat. "I own hotels and buildings here in the US and in a couple other continents. It's a good business. One I had always dreamed of owning actually."

He spoke a bit more freely now, as if my calmness had rubbed off on him. I noticed that he probably acts so serious because he forgets that in the end, I'm just a girl. And while we do argue and drive each other into incontrolable madness, I don't really have any sort of intention to harm him. Unlike the people he probably had to deal with every day. I suppose he has to have a barrier to protect and defend himself 24/7. Which made me even more curious to find out why.

"Well, what about your secret business? I mean I notice things Niccolò. I know that you're a criminal."

He laughed softly at that.

"Are you a drug dealer?"

"Come on. That's one of the worst insults
you have said to me." He said nodding his head.

"Why?" I laughed softly.

"Do I look like the kind of guy who sells drugs?"

"Maybe, I mean what else could you possibly do?" I said, even though he didn't look like drug dealer at all.

Then again, he did not look like a criminal either. If anybody looked at him they'd think he walked straight out of a Valentino magazine photo shoot. Or that he was the rich son of a CEO, or a maybe very exclusive nightclub owner. But definitely not
a murderer.