An Argument Over Breakfast

The sun came sooner than expected. Rose and  Ode had been outside when it started to rise and a warm almost green haze placed itself across the grounds. They had taken to exploring the castle and beyond hours ago instead of going back to bed after completing their mission(they had decided to try and color their sisters' hair). All the while hiding from the the caretaker who was called Flich who had a large cat with red eyes on the lookout for students who were meant to be in bed. She wondered if this cat of his was also really a human that could transform like the professor from earlier that day or just a regular cat.

Rose had come to realize that she quite liked being awake till dawn, or at dawn, with a bit of sleep. Seeing the sun come up and feeling that odd burst of energy that will definitely faultier as the day goes on is nice in it's own way. In any case the extra sleepiness was worth it, because this had been her first night at Hogwarts and it was well spent.

Sneaking through the corridors and into the kitchens with the help of some information Ode had learned from a second year Hufflepuff about tickling a pear painting, they got the food coloring they needed and added it to a sleeping Lily's hair with the help of a silencing charm, some hair conditioner, and a very steady and cautious hand.

It was decided not to try the same on Odette's sleeping sibling as their makeshift hair dye would probably not change Dorcas' dark hair, and if it did she would just think it looked cool and be happy about it, which in pranking is generally not the goal.

They had been given maps to get around but the grounds were very confusing even so, they did manage to find a few spots of note on their journey throughout the night, including the astronomy tower. Upon using it as it's meant to be used the pair noticed the stars were bright and beautiful but the moon was missing all together, a new moon. The stars seemed to shine brighter for it and did so all night.

Now the night had ended but, it led them to where they were now, quietly slipping back into Hogwarts. The girls made their way to the dungeons surprisingly easy considering the castle was beginning to stir with life as the morning aged.

Odette whispered the password as they reached the stretch of stone that made up the entrance to the Slytherin common room and dorms beyond. They were greeted by their other two roommates, one a blond girl who was rather short sitting up in her bed and the other with a light olive skin tone who was already up getting ready. Her hair was tidy and her cheeks were rosy, overall it seemed her roommates were all rather pretty. The blonde girl's name was Stephone, Rose had learned that from Odette who seemed to already know far more people than she did.   

"You were out early." Stephone said, without any real tone to her voice. She was simply stating a fact after all.

"We were, but we're back now and all went well." Rose said as she walked over to her things to begin putting on the rest of her uniform as well as her father's leather jacket before adding the robes over top. 

"And no one but you seemed to notice, being as we are in the same house that shouldn't be a problem. Wouldn't want to lose any points." Rose said while giving her hair a comb through with her fingers and heading to the bathroom to brush her teeth. After she put her wand and some lip balm in her robe pockets and waved to Odette before heading out to the Great Hall for breakfast.

She would have waited for her new friend but wanted to see Lily so she had little time to spare. As for breakfast she grabbed a teacup and a green apple taking bites of it as she added the ingredients into the hot water that appeared before her, a teabag, milk, some honey from a glistening glass container and a shake of cinnamon. She added a final drizzle of honey to the last few bites of her apple before discarding the core on the plate in front of her and sipping on her tea.

The Great Hall had filled by the time she finished and made her way over to the Gryffindor table where Lily, with an obvious green hue to her long hair was berating the "marauders".

"I swear Lily! It wasn't me! I would never harm your pretty hair! Not that this isn't pretty! You're still—"

"Oh shut up Potter! I know you or both of you did this"

Lily hissed at James and Sirius who was sitting next to him throwing his head back laughing with the same fervency that could only be matched by a little kid.

That is until Rose in her Slytherin robes came up behind her sister to place her head on the taller girl's shoulder. That quieted him.

"It seems green suits both of us Lily!"

"Rose don't tell me YOU did this?!"

"You'll get me back over the summer, besides I'm sure there's a magical fix for it."

Sirius seemed to change his mind on how funny it was then, his expression made it seem like it was absolutely atrocious of her. He rolled his eyes and spoke up.

"You would do that to your sister?"

"Sisters do things like this, yes. You have a brother, you would know. It'll wash out."

She felt a bit defensive as he seemed to think it was funny when he thought James or some other person did it.

The boy next to him prickled at her statement.

He had curly brown hair, the shortest hair out of the four boys. He also had a myriad of scars on his face that seemed to venture past his neck, he wore a soft, comforting looking sweater under his robes but something about him made Rose feel the boy wearing it was not as soft as the sweater appeared.

The fourth boy wore a soft looking sweater as well but unlike the latter this boy's whole being seemed soft. He had dirty blonde hair and pretty eyes, he was a bit chubby and very cute. This boy and Sirius seemed like opposites in this moment.

"Oh?" Sirius asked over-exaggeratedly with a hint of sass.

Then he continued.

"So cunning of you too notice. Seems you really earned that green tie!"