Fern Leaves and Black Tea

tw: mention of blood

Later, within the Ravenclaw's dorm Rose and Regulus had joined Xeno's roommates for a muggle card game, a gambling game.

A game Rose and the other Ravenclaw boys, all half-bloods, were fairly familiar with. Regulus not so much, but he did have the money to keep the game going, so it did.

They sat in a misshapen circle in the floor, Rose's head rested daintily in her hands, doe eyes glancing up at each boy before he took his turn.

When her own turn came around she would smile and fiddle with the necklace around her neck. Each time, without fail. No matter how good or bar her cards were.

Xeno didn't actively participate, but watched the game from where he sat perched upon his bed. Eventually he opened a drawer on his bedside table, the sound of glass bottles clinking together could be heard as he did so. He took out a small vial and drank it, then abandoned his seated position to melt comfortably into his bed.

"You're winning all my money." Regulus whispered to Rose after she dealt out a new hand. He wore her green cardigan seated next to her. As he spoke he rolled a bit of fabric from her skirt through his fingers.

"Am I?" She whispered back, shooting a smile to the player across from her.

"I learned by watching my father play. Blame him." She continued quietly, twirling the green gem on her necklace.

"I get it. Why Sirius started calling you thorns."

"How'd you know he started it?" She asked still in a hushed tone.

"He use to talk about his mates all the time....Although he mostly complained about you."

"Did you never tell him we were friends?" She asked, Regulus frowned.

"We weren't." He said, and the attention on the game turned to the door when a rather loud knock was heard.

"Reggie, would you be a dear and get that for me?" Xeno asked, voice slowly dragging.

"I got it." He said, standing from his spot and walking over to the door, opening it about a quarter of the way.

"Wh—" He began, but the door slung open, two boys stumbled in, one wore a death eater mask. The two were laughing together.

"Get that shite off in here, you idiot." Regulus said to the dark harried boy wearing the mask. He grasped for it and it fell to the ground with a metallic hiss.

"Oh lighten up, Reg. It was a joke." Came the distinct voice of one Barty Crouch Jr. as he reached down for the mask. The other boy was also a Death Eater, Evan Rosier. He had mid-length blonde hair, though it appeared to be bleached, and a cheeky smile on his face.

The two entered the dorm, and Evans' eyes locked on Rose immediately, she wasn't exactly an unknown face at Hogwarts being mates with the Marauders and all. Plus, they'd literally plastered their faces on every portrait in the castle at one time.

"Isn't that your brother's girl, mate?" Evan asked, talking about Rose as if she was not within earshot of them.

"You understand these things can get complicated in his family, E." Barty commented to Evan, Regulus visibly stiffened.

"She's not." He said, inadvertently scrunching up his nose.

"I'm sure that's her. I'd remember the girl who hit Severus on the Hogwarts Express. I was freshly a prefect." Evan explained after getting a closer look at Rose who sat by uncomfortably.

"Aren't you here for him?" Regulus interjected, motioning over to Xeno impatiently.

"We were, but this is much more interesting than buying some shrooms, you and your muggle bitc—" Barty began, pausing when he saw the look that flashed on Regulus' face.