Thorns

tw: sexual themes

Upon entering the greenhouse Rose lit the incense as usual, the familiar scent calming her nerves.

"There's no plant that'll explode if I have a cig in here is there?" Sirius asked, taking a cigarette out of the box and placing it between his lips.

"No, you're all good. Those are in greenhouse three." She answered while looking down at her feet. Thinking over how she wanted to bring up the topic on her mind. Meanwhile, Sirius took it upon himself to light the candles Rose had grouped together on a shelf far from any plants the flame may threaten.

He took a long drag from his cigarette as Rose finally looked up at him again, having found a bit of courage.

"Sirius, there's something I need to discuss with you."

"And what might that be?" He asked before breathing out the smoke and taking another hit.

"Us." She said bluntly, not allowing the embarrassment to get to her.

Sirius coughed out the smoke and held his hand up as if to say "now hold on a minute".

"What exactly about that do you want to discuss?" He asked, gaining composure once more

Rose responded by taking the cigarette from his fingers and bringing it to her lips, taking in the smoke to settle the nervousness that was bubbling up again.

"I'll be honest Sirius, there's not actually much to discuss really, I just wanted to know if you were comfortable, I know we've done a lot, and I know you've done a lot but—" Her over explanation was cut off when Sirius took back his cigarette, putting it out on the table behind him and grabbing her hand.

"I must say you've surprised me, Thorns." He said before bringing her hand to his lips, kissing her knuckles gently.

"I was sure you thought we'd never grow from snogging among your plants." He continued, dropping her hand to direct her against the table behind them, clearing away some space on it before lifting her up to sit on the edge of the table.

"Not that I'm complaining." He added, tracing his fingers down her neck, stopping when he reached her collarbone.

Rose placed her hand atop of his, and moved it back up to her neck.

"I liked it there." She said with the same confidence she'd kissed the man from her dream with.

Sirius breathed out quickly and made a face Rose would not forget anytime soon.

She ran a hand over the tattoo under his ear, then up to his hair, grabbing a handful of it, allowing her hand to remain there. She looked up then, past Sirius, she looked up at the glass ceiling above her, watching the stars dance together in the dark night sky.

Then, she tugged on his hair, and brought her eyes back to his.

"I trust you, Sirius." She said staring right into his grey eyes. Familiar eyes that had a way of enchanting anyone who looked into them for too long.

Sirius' response was gently pushing her down to lay on the table, hovering over her thereafter.

"But—" She began as he took two fistfuls of his shirt in her hands, pulling him down onto the table with her before crawling in his lap and bringing her lips to his ear to speak.

"Like this instead." She said and he gave her that speechless kind of look again.

"God, Thorns."

The next morning Rose woke cuddled up to Sirius in the marauders' dorm, memories of giggling through the hallway and kisses at each stop from the greenhouse came to her as she woke.

"You move around a fuck ton in your sleep." Sirius whispered before bringing her hand to his lips again, placing a soft kiss on it.

"Oh, fuck off." She whispered back playfully before crawling all the way under the covers to hide from the reality of being awake.

Sirius stretched and removed himself from the bed, shutting the curtain behind him.

He was met by three disapproving faces.

"Morning, lads." He said with a sleepy half smirk half smile.

"Please tell me that was some other redheaded slytherin you snuck into our dorms last night." James said with a layer of protectiveness(probably on Lily's behalf).

"If it makes you feel better, Jamsie we didn't do anything in here."

"No, Sirius that doesn't quite make me feel better, she's our mate, and Lily's sister. Kisses on the cheeks are different than—" James tried to argue his point as Sirius cut him off with a sleepy wave of his hand

"Lily Evans' opinion means almost nothing to me mate, that's your fantasy." He said with a yawn

"Not just that, Sirius! You know I liked her." Peter interjected, no one else seemed to care about that though.

"Now's not really the best time to be discussing that, mate. Just drink your morning fire whisky and wank off about it." Sirius said as he leaned against one of the beams of his bed.

Just then Rose stuck her head out of the closed bed curtains to look at Sirius.

"That was the worst sentence I've ever heard, mate." She said with distaste

Of course she'd been listening to the conversation play out, she knew two of the three disliked her decision to advance her little thing with Sirius, but Moony was rather quiet.

She looked over at him and upon actually seeing her face he looked disappointed, as if a certain solace had been removed from him.

Rose stuck her head back into the safety of the bed curtains and saw Sirius grab the edge of them before addressing their friends.

"It's not a big deal, mates." He said simply before joining her once more.