With Love

Rose wasn't quite able to get Remus' visit out of the back of her mind, but she hadn't found the courage to ask about it either.

If it's important it will come up again she thought, and thusfar it hadn't.

February 19th 1978

Sitting in a small circle in Marauders dorm Rose offered each of them a stick of muggle chewing gum, cinnamon flavored. Peter could barely hold his head up yet he was still so drowsy with sleep. Let alone take the offer as he leaned against his bed. James sat next to him with enough energy to carry them all through the day. Sirius and Remus were beside one another, their knees touching as they sat with their legs crossed, hands lazily placed in their laps. Remus took a piece from Rose as she held it out for him.

Regulus was laid on his back on the floor with a muggle philosophy book he borrowed from Remus on his chest. His legs were crossed at the ankles, and he used a pillow Peter had dropped down for him to lay his head on earlier.

Rose offered him a stick as well, he silently declined and she popped the final piece in her mouth.

They'd all decided to meet up before breakfast. Regulus was already dressed for the day ahead. He wore his Slytherin robes, dark trousers and a white button up, all tailored specifically for him.

Over the shirt, but under his robes he had on a worn green cardigan that had originally belonged to Rose. His quidditch jumper had become too small for her, so she'd stopped wearing it, and she insisted he took the cardigan from her as a trade of sorts. It fit a smidgen too large, but he didn't seem to mind.

He wore a bit of makeup as well, Sirius had done some rather sharp eyeliner on him a while ago and it still remained perfect.

"You look so pretentious, Reg." Sirius quipped, glancing over at him. Regulus moved only his eyes to his brother's direction, a tsk sound coming from his mouth as he tapped the edge of his book.

"And you look like a prat." He said.

"I do not."

"You do."

Sirius crossed his arms over his chest, Regulus moved his eyes back to the same page he'd been attempting to read without disruption for quite some time.

"Why is it we can never stay on task?" James asked the group, Remus snickered to himself and Rose sighed.

"Exactly we're meant to be scheming lads." Rose said, Regulus rolled his eyes in his spot.

"I'm not helping with any scheme of their's. It was bad enough I came here at all."

"We're not going to get you in trouble, we've got the cloak to ensure you and Rosie get back to the dungeons without a soul seeing. We can do things carefully when we must." James explained.

"Plus, we need a proper prank and I need inspiration for a proposal." He continued, Regulus scoffed.

"Have your parents write her mum a letter and trap her." He said, still bitter by his own engagement. He wore the ring he received around his neck, but he refused to wear it on any of his fingers.

James scoffed right back in response.

"Well Reggie some people still care about being romantic." He verbally shot at him, Regulus smirked to himself, bringing the book to his face, the smell of old parchment had a comforting familiarity for him.

"Oh, I can be very romantic." He said, mocking his brother's usual tone.

Sirius didn't miss a beat, hurling a pillow across the dorm at him.