Summer of 77'

When Rose entered their home for the summer, she dropped off her bags, and made her
way to the kitchen to share a pot of lilac tea with Lily. Thereafter, she parted with her sister to unpack, and begin her letters as usual, spritzing a bit of her perfume onto the parchment before writing.

In her room, pages of letters still hung on the walls, though they had collected a bit of dust in her absence. A copy of The Secret Garden sat on her bedside table along with a small glass bowl that contained an unpolished rose quartz(from Peter), a few loose coins, and other miscellaneous items.

All as it had been left from her previous visit.

This summer Petunia and Rose's mum had planned out a trip, they would be away about a week, right before Rose's birthday.

She felt awfully guilty when she didn't want to go, but her mum did not appear surprised, or disappointed for that matter. She knew her daughter.

If Rose wanted to stay, she could, on the condition she could also convince Lily to stay with her.

At first Lily said no, which was very understandable. Then, Rose tried to sweeten the deal, explaining how different home would be without Petunia, and that they could finally have her friends for school over.

That helped, but she actually agreed to stay after Rose presented her with a final offering, inviting over James and Sirius for the week.

July 6th 1977

"Admit you fancy him, and I'll stay." Lily said, arms crossed over her chest and a pointed look at her sister.

"Admit you fancy him." Rose sassed back, crossing her own arms in return.

"Like I would ever admit to such a vile thing."

Then, they sat there looking at one another, arms crossed stubbornly, and eventually Rose spoke.

"I might actually fancy Sirius a little bit."

"That's good enough for me." Lily said as she got up, and entered her room, planning to write a very sweet letter from their mother to James' inviting the boys over for a brief holiday.

July 24th 1977

The first thing Sirius pointed out on the evening of their arrival was how many flowers there were, Rose was so use to their mother coming home with flowers and filling the nearest vase she hardly noticed them anymore.

He seemed to like them, and she liked that.

That first night they all spent together in th living room. Rose and James had taken the cushions off the couches and put them
on the floor, covering them with plenty of pillows and blankets. Meanwhile Sirius and Lily attempted to make dinner, Lily was actually surprised when Sirius seemed rather good at it, much better than Lily or Rose would be.

Sirius had also brought some records along for the week, and they played as the two of them cooked.

They played all through the night.

Once dinner was over everyone settled in, Rose cuddled up to Sirius, and Lily moved to the very edge of the makeshift mattress. Poor James slept in a chair, though he spent half the night sleepily singing along to whatever record was on.

Rose would catch Lily looking over at him, but her attention was completely taken when a certain song played.

A song both familiar and illusive to her, like an old hazy memory.

Before you say I do now

The record sung.

Make sure he's in love with you now

James hummed along as Sirius held Rose close.

My mama told me

"You better shop around" James sung lightly to himself, while Rose buried her face in Sirius' shirt.