Graffiti Flowers

Christmas Eve 1976

Rose sat on her bed with Lily, Christmas lights shined from the window as they giggled with one another.

"I'm incredibly irresponsible, Lils" Rose admitted to her sister before giggling once more.

"So much in fact....I've invited the lads over."

Lily took a moment for that information to really set in before asking,

"So, James is coming, then?"

"Of course, even Remus is coming." Rose said, the full moon had been a few days back so it all worked just fine.

"We'll have to leave soon, I'd hate for Petunia to spoil it all like she usually does." Rose complained.

"She doesn't spoil everything." Lily tried taking up for their sister. In truth Petunia did spoil most things, Rose would excitedly talk about school or her friends and Petunia would always find a problem with it, she'd do the same to Lily as well, just sucking the excitement out of things, a real downer.

"Just about. We'll have to make sure the boys are careful, I want Sirius to stay over when the rest go. It'll never work if she notices them before we even sneak out." Rose said in a hopeful kind of tone.

"No way. Not if I'm still awake, I'll scare him off myself. Absolutely no Sirius spending the night." Lily said in a motherly tone.

"Oh come on, Lils. Can you imagine if sis saw him here? He's much better looking than her man, but even so she'd find something wrong with him. "His hair's too perfect, his tattoos are so distasteful-" his tattoos aren't distasteful they're bloody hot, gosh he's so bloody hot Lils." Rose said as she hugged tightly at the pillow next to her.

"Disgusting." Lily joked while giving her sister a shove.

Rose laughed and released her pillow as they waited for word from the marauders, word eventually came via James(so brilliantly) knocking at the door in the middle of the might on Christmas Eve.

Lily practically ran down the stairs, opening the door quickly, she and Rose already had their coats on so they didn't waste any time.

Rose shut the door behind her and made her way over to Sirius and Peter, Lily stood next to Remus, seeing a rather large bag he had with him.

"What's that for?" She asked about the bag that made a clinking sound as they walked.

"A good many of these." Remus said lifting out a spray paint can.

"Remus John Lupin I am not going to graffiti with you! And James! What have you made me part of?!" Lily said looking over at James dramatically

"Listen, Lils, there's some things I'll change for you, but running a muck is just what we do. Isn't that right, Moony?" James asked, looking back at Rose for backup

"Don't bring me into this, Jamie." Remus as Rose looked over Sirius' shoulder into the bag of spray cans.

"I take it the green one's mine right, Moons?" She asked, he'd usually pick out a color for each of them, James always got red.

"Of course. Green for our little snake." He said, shooting her mischievous smirk, though it landed on Sirius.

Sirius gave him a look in response and placed a protective arm over Rose's shoulder, she just rolled her eyes, she knew it wasn't really about her, just Remus trying to get at Padfoot.

"Where are we going to commit these crimes anyway?" Lily asked James who had purposely began walking a little slower to remain next to her.

"Remember that old aquarium? I figured we could show the others around since they missed it last time, Moony just had the idea to add some— art to the place. Plus, we know you're a rather skilled painter." James said giving her a smile