CHAPTER THREE - AN EARLY START

Surprise surprise! An early chapter!

.

Early winter wind blew in rustling the leaves and flowers of the beautiful garden of the Henituse manor. It is the early winter season, everyone is busy doing their last minute winter preparations.

The green house of the Henituse residence is located behind the mansion.

A huge crystalline glass dome containing plants and flowers not fit for the winter season but for some reason is still blooming beautifully.

In the center of the green house, a luxuriously decorated gazebo was placed.

Inside was a table in which lined a plethora of expensive sweets and pastries with teas on cups that would cost a small fortune for a normal noble household.

But for the Henituses, it is but a mere pocket change. Their household is not recognized as one of the wealthiest nobles for nothing.

Cale sat in his chair sipping on his sweet tea prepared by Ron. He's looking at his parents left and right without saying anything.

He's trying to calm his nerves by distracting himself with his tea.

Cale looked over to his brother in his father's arms.

Cade has once again, fallen asleep. That child really loves his nap. He was told babies sleep a lot but it seems that Cade have his own definition of A LOT.

And whenever he would wake up he'll look irritated like it's a sin for him to wake up.

Their parents find it adorable nonetheless, and would coo at every twitch Cade would make. Which would irritate him more.

Cale found Cade's reaction to be funny and entertaining even as his brother thinks otherwise.

"Ahem."

His father cleared his throat. Cale flinched.

"So, I heard from Ron." his father looked him in the eyes and paused. Observing him.

Cale subconsciously straighten his back, expression stiffening.

"You're only four," Cale's shoulders tensed a bit at the mension of his age. He already predicted that it would be brought up.

Cale is already prepared to accept his defeat if his parents used his age as a deterrent. But that doesn't mean he's giving up! He's just retreating temporarily to devise other plans to convince them.

Cale mentally nodded his head, already preparing an argument.

"...and I think that's a great idea." Deruth finished.

"Ye-, huh?" his head snapped in the direction of his father, who's smiling at him, and his mother, who has a serene expression.

He stared at them blankly.

"I think it's great to start young in this. Especially if you are the one who wants to do it." his father told him, smiling.
"I think so too. I heard it's better to lay the foundation for swordsmanship early." his mother chimed in.

"Huh?" Cale could still not grasp the situation well.

He was prepared to argue and conceed. Prepared to try to convince them for a long time, but suddenly they actually agree? What?

He heard normally, a noble child would start their swordsmanship training at six to seven years old. But he's only four.

Is it normal to support your four year old child to train using dangerous weapons?

"You must have wanted to get stronger faster don't you?" Deruth said, still smiling.

Cale stiffened again. Thinking how his father knew he wanted to get stronger. Did he suspect anything?

"You are really such a good older brother Cale. Daddy's proud of you!" his father ruffled his hair.

Cale was left reeling. Huh? A good brother?

"Fufufu, our Cale is a responsible older brother that would take care and protect his baby brother isn't he? Our boy has grown up." his mother said with a laugh.

Eh? Cale's mind spun in thought. Trying to understand what is happening.

'They thought I want to train swordsmanship because I want to be a good brother?'

Not that he doesn't want to. He just thought it was already a given.

He looked over his parents happy and doting expressions. Saying that he'll certainly do well and that they are sure he's a genius.

Cale let out air from his mouth.

His parents can be weird sometimes. He couldn't help but smile and decided to take advantage of the reason they gave him.

"T-that's right! Cade's so cute so I have to be strong to protect him!" he said with both fist raised.

"Right? Our Cade would attract attention so Cale would have to protect him." Deruth happily agreed.

His mother just covered her mouth and laughed.

But her eyes as she looked at Cale, contained hidden worries.
Nobody noticed it, not even the skilled servant Ron as he is busy observing his young master.

Someone else was looking at Cale intently. Their eyes met.
Cade's expression, as he stared at Cale seems to be saying, 'what nonsense is that?'

....

Cale fell to the ground breathing hard. He felt like his lungs are about to give out.

He just ran two laps around the indoor training ground and he's already breathless and felt like dying.

The knights who were watching his training all clapped and cheered for him.

"Young master is amazing!"

"His endurance is great!"

They voiced out their admiration.

Cale's eyebrow twitched. After all, he had only ran two laps and they talk as if he accomplished such a legendary feat.

What Cale did not realized is that a four year old running two laps around the huge training ground is indeed extremely amazing.

The knights would run twenty laps themselves but that is because they are adults with strong and robust bodies. A new recruit is required to run only ten laps.

And here, a four year old ran two laps.

A normal child the age of six would normally have that record as their best. But Cale is only four. And this is his first day of training.

The instructor made him run across the field untill he can't anymore to test his endurance and willpower.

His training menu will be based on how much he can endure. Testing his willpower is also important to see if he would still be willing to go on even when it's hard or painful.

The instructor is very impressed to say the least.

'The young master have a lot of potential. I can see it in his eyes. Don't worry young master, this servant will devise a training plan worthy of your determination!'

The knight instructor nodded his head. His heart set on training the young master well.

Cale felt a shiver ran down his spine.