CHAPTER FOURTEEN - SUCCESS

Sorry about this edit. I forgot to mention that someone pointed out from my AO3 account that the name is spelled as Basen and not Bassen so I spelled it as that starting this chapter since I'm too lazy to correct the past chapters ≧∇≦

You guys shouldn't feel awkward if there is an obvious mistake that you think should be corrected since I'm trying to provide you with as high a quality in this work as I can. Yes I try very hard. 😂 I never knew creating a plot out of a plot hole is fun. I really had a lot of fun covering up the holes the brothers existence made in this fic. Haha I hope you enjoy reading them too. ฅ(๑*▽*๑)ฅ!!

Just a warning that I really sucks at spelling
(○゚ε゚○)

.

Light filtered through the clouds and spilled onto the snow covered streets.

A carriage that is plain but also of high quality stopped in front of a small building. There, a pair of mother and son stood.

The coachman stepped down from the carriage and bowed formally to the two. The mother, Violan, was surprised by the courtesy shown. It seemed that the servant is highly trained.

She now started to wonder as to what the identity of her son's new friend is.

"Greetings my lady. This humble servant is called Ron. And I will be escorting you to where my young masters are." the servant smiled gently. But she somehow got chills on her back.

The way the servant looked at her feels like he's scrutinizing her entire being. She started to rub her arms to rid of the disturbing feeling.

"Please enter the carriage my lady, young master, the inside of the carriage had been warmed by a magic tool and will surely chase away the cold." Ron opened the door to let them inside.

Violan only nodded her head and ushered her son inside choosing not to correct the misunderstanding.

Once they were comfortably seated, Ron closed the door gently and climbed back to the driver's seat.

Violan inspected the carriage. It is spacious and though it looked inconspicuous on the outside, it is clear that the owner of the carriage is wealthy. The cushions are soft and the carpet lining the floor are fluffy. The magic device for heating is also the expensive high quality one. But no matter where she looked, be it outside or inside the carriage, she couldn't find the insignia of the family that owns the carriage.

Like they deliberately hid it from her.

The carriage started to move and Violan thought that she'd know soon enough who really is the boy that her son befriended.

Soon, a grand mansion or more accurately, a castle, revealed itself just as they climbed the highest hill in their city. Violan finally got the answer she was looking for.

The carriage came to a stop outside the huge entrance of the residence. With a stiff face, Violan climbed down the carriage that the servant who introduced himself as Ron opened.

Waiting for her outside is an eighth year old child that have a delighted expression on his face. His light brown hair shining in the wayward sunlight that seemed to illuminate him like a spotlight. Hues of red peeks through the changed hair color.

Once in front of the child, no, the young master, Violan bowed deeply to show respect. Basen looked between his mother and the nice older kid confusedly but followed his mother's example nonetheless.

"It is an honor to actually meet the young master." Violan greeted Cale.

Cale's smile widened. Even though she was evidently shocked, she showed none of that on her face. Her expression remained composed despite finding out that the kid they arranged to have a play date with is actually the count's son.