CHAPTER FORTY-TWO - BALANCE? I CAN DO THAT

A frighteningly chilling gaze is directed towards the young red haired boy.

Cade had gone very still in his seat not daring to move even a single finger for the fear of provoking the angry old dragon any further.

“What do you mean by that, Eruhaben-nim?”

The ancient dragon pinched the bridge of his nose as if he is having a very painful headache. He let out a sigh that is obviously done to control his emotions. A mana storm just because he failed to control his magic is a very amateurish mistake he would never ever make.

“Ask that unlucky brat. What have you been up to these days? I only left for three days after taking you all home here and you already caused trouble when I came back even though you were supposed to be glued to your bed?”

“…..”

“When did you sneak out to get that ancient power? Is it wind?"

“…..”

“Just how do you find these things? Without anyone knowing?”

“…..”

Cale looked at his younger brother with a face that says ‘I knew something was up’.

“And I thought you were strangely obedient these past few days. I should have trusted my instincts.”

Cale narrowed his eyes at the younger red head. Cade looked at everything but the other occupants of the room.

“Hohohoho young master, care to explain?”

A vicious laugh came out of the benignly smiling old man. But his eyes are anything but smiling.

A cookie dropped from the paw of the black dragon perched on the table. His mouth hangs open as he stared at the golden dragon with wide eyes.

“G-goldie gramps! What do you mean?!”

Raon flew towards Eruhaben in a hurry and grasped his clothes.

"What do you mean the weak human is going to die? He won't die! I'll destroy everything!"

The black dragon shouted fiercely.

'What a vicious child.'

Cade shivered. But he, too, is confused.

"Let's get things straight first."

Cale, noticing that they are not going anywhere with everyone panicking and thinking of the worst things, decided to be the one to stay calm even when what he really wanted was to go around and destroy things too.

Cade is usually the one to stay calm in situations like this but this time, it should be him.

"Eruhaben-nim, when you said that about dying, do you mean because of the ancient powers? Would you please elaborate on that?"

Being extra polite to the fuming old dragon is the only way Cale can think to not agitate him any more.

Eruhaben calmed himself down and looked at the other occupants of the room attentively watching him.

"Haaaaaa."

"An ancient power being possessed by a person is already rare but two or more? There had been no record of a person having more than one ancient power."