CHAPTER TWELVE - EMPTY FUNERAL

In just a day, the funeral was announced and the preparations was started.

The servants of the Henituse Manor mourned the loss of their beloved Countess.

The whole city couldn't belive the news and a lot of the citizens even went to the manor themselves just to confirm if the news is true.

The citizens cried not only for their kind lady but also for their lord whom they know loves the Countess deeply and the two young children that were left behind.

They wonder how their young masters would take the news of the loss of their beloved mother. They must have been devastated and is currently crying their eyes out.

Contrary to the citizens expectations, the brothers seemed to be taking the news relatively well.

After the message was delivered, the brothers were escorted back to Cale's room.

Their father promised to visit them later and tell them of the plans.

The two now sat on the couch beside each other. Staring into space each deep within their own thoughts.

Cale was thinking of their mothers actions.

She did everything she could just to prevent them from stopping her supposed death. But why? What is her death got to do with anything? Why does she have to die?

The scowl on his face got deeper and deeper the more questions pop in his head.

He feels like his brain would overheat from the concentration he's focusing on his thoughts.

Cade on the other hand, is thinking of the future.

He now knows that Cale is a regressor. That means he know what would happen in the future better than he do. After all, the book that he read only covered the first two years of Choi Hans adventure.

But Cale said he was forty. He have twenty years worth of information more than him.

If their mother is adamant on dying saying that her fate should not be changed, then something beneficial should happen after she died. Usually it is to the protagonist.

But at this time, Choi Han should still be inside the forest of darkness. Cade couldn't find the connection wherever he look.

Turning his head to his right, Cade saw his brother's scowling face.

He honestly thought Cale would be crying now but Cade guessed that because he's experienced it before and is an adult inside, he could accept it better.

Cade is jealous of his control. Being in a toddlers body is hard. He could hardly control his urge to just cry his heart out and call for his mother.

It reminds him of the longing he felt for his parents in his previous life. No matter how much he pray, no matter how much he calls for them, they would never come back.

It is the same this time too. That is why he doesn't want to cry. Because crying is futile. Crying won't bring their mother back.

Cade ignored the blurring of his vision due to the unshed tears in his eyes.

A hand landed on his head and gently ruffled his hair.

Looking up, Cade saw Cale smiling sadly at him.

"It's okay to cry you know." his voice is slightly shaky but he still tried his best to smile.

"You aren't crying either." Cade retorted.

Cale snorted and shook his head. "I'm over it."

"Liar."

Laughing, Cale pulled the scowling child in an embrace.