CHAPTER FOUR - A GENIUS?

Soooo,  I was supposed to post this yesterday as a bonus this week but internet is a big bitch so yeah

.

"How is he?"

The man standing in front of the count's table in his office straightened his back and answered seriously.

"The young master is a genius my lord!"

Deruth raised an eyebrow. The knight instructor doesn't seem to be lying nor exaggerating. He looked like he genuinely believe that.

"How do you say so?" Deruth asked curiously. Anticipation hidden in his voice.

He is a parent after all. What parent would not want their child to be recognized?

"The young master's endurance is very outstanding and it was supported by unwavering will. The training I planned for him is already for seven year old trainees. Originally I was planning on giving him a training menu only slightly easier than the training given for six year old nobles but it was clear that it was too easy for him." the knight instructor took a breath.

"Everyday he would run early morning for four laps around the field which he only manage to run two of the first time. You can clearly see that he is striving to increase the distance of his run everyday."

"He could swing a practice sword for two hundred times now and he's only been training for a month! His rate of improvement is fast and his stance is solid from the start. If I hadn't known any better I would really think he has experience in wielding a sword." the knight shook his head.

A four year old, experienced in swordsmanship? That's ridiculous.

"The only conclusion I could think of after seeing him is that he is a genius, my lord."

Deruth laughed out loud. His laughter ringing through his office and the hallway outside.

He couldn't contain his happiness. His son is a genius!

He should definitely give him a reward.

Deruth was not expecting anything big when his son told him he wanted to train in swordsmanship. He thought it was normal as boys would always love to learn how to wield swords like the heroes they read about in books.

So it came about as a surprise to know that his son actually have talent in the sword. A very pleasant surprise.

'I'll visit him later.' he thought, already thinking about rewards Cale would ask from him.

"Continue teaching him everything you can. You are dismissed."

The knight saluted to the count.

"Yes my lord! I will do my best for the young master!" the knight instructor answered enthusiastically before leaving the room.

The Count was left alone grinning to himself.

...

Placing the baby gently on the bed, Ron turned to his first young master.

Cale had been lying on the carpeted floor of his parent's room for a few minutes now. He told Ron not to move him because his whole body aches.

A four year old suffering from muscle pain. Ron couldn't help but find it amusing.

And speaking of amusing...

The servant turned his attention to the baby on the bed, Cade.

He just finished changing the little thing's diaper and he looked far from pleased.