EXTRA CHAPTER 5 - A LIGHT IN THE DARK

This chapter is dedicated to Waltz (HappyFisher777) as a reward for actually taking the time to find out about the reason Cade is named Cade. (≧∇≦)

Sorry this is a month too late but hey, better late than never right? Tehe~

*****

"Don't you think that our fates are already set in stone my lord?"

Crimson hair swayed with the wind coming in from the window the woman is standing in front of. The white silken curtains flapped about and almost hid the mysterious smile gracing her red lips.

"But what's the fun in that?" She continued with a giggle. 

The woman tucked her hair behind her ear and gazed at him. Her eyes containing mischief and something he couldn't place.

"My lord, in the future...."

Deruth opened his eyes. A single tear slid down his cheek.

"Haaaaa..."

Covering his eyes with one arm, he took a few moments to settle his mind.

Knock knock

The sound came from his door. Without waiting for his answer, it swung open and the old head butler came in.

Walking with grace, the old butler headed towards the huge window and opened the curtains letting the rays from the sun to enter and illuminate the dark room.

"It is rare for you to sleep in master."

The voice of the old butler is gentle but firm, it reminded him of his youth when the old butler was still the only one in charge of his affairs.

The butler who raised him is getting old.

That thought came to his mind.

'He'll leave soon too.'

'Just like her.'

Deruth raised his tired body from the comforts of his bed. He now understand why his youngest loved to stay in bed the most.