CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE - HOW TO SAVE A DRAGON (2)

The heavy thumping of hooves rang across the earthen ground traversing the road to it's destination.

A luxuriously decorated carriage zoomed past mountains and valleys in great speed.

Inside the luxurious carriage sat three young boys.

Their trip had been uneventful so far. They did ran into a few bandits but the five Henituse knights were more than enough to take care of them.

After all,  even though they only brought five knights with them, one of them is a high grade knight while the other four are mid-grade knights.

There were also actually knights in disguise following them from a distance led by two highest grade knights. They will act if they see something dangerous.

Cade yawned loudly. The silence inside the carriage is deafening. Although he prefers the silence, his companions seemed to be silent not because they enjoyed it but because of something else.

The two older boys had been staring at nothing for a few hours now without talking at all.

Cade wonders what their problem is but just shrugged it off in favor of thinking of his plans.

'Have to hurry.'

That's right. He really want to hurry. There were still two more years before that black dragon cause a mana explosion and goes berserk. But regardless, Cade still prefers to hurry.

In Cade- no, Kim Rok Soo's opinion, no children should ever experience abuse. Dragon or not, it's still a child.

Cade's eyes sharpen at the thought of the person who is doing the thing that he despises the most.

Venion Stan.

He looked outside the window, fist clenching as he thought of despicable things the bastard did.

He have to do something about this.

Cade closed his eyes. Their destination is still a little far so he wanted to take a nap.

But before he fell asleep, the two companions snapped out of whatever daze they had been on.

"Umm..." Choi Han started

Cade tuned to Choi Han.

Choi Han fidgeted before looking at Cade.

"What do you-"

Cale suddenly lunged forward and covered Choi Han's mouth with his hand. His eyes are sharp as they stared straight at Choi Han's eyes. A hint of madness partially shown through his pair of reddish-brown.

"Dont. Ask."

Choi Han subconsciously nodded his head. Cale let him go and settled back on his seat.

Cade watched what transpired with a look of confusion. Tilting his head to the side, Cade looked at his brother.

Cale, however, refused to look at him and just continued to look at the scenery outside the window

Cade shrugged it off thinking that it wasn't important. He finally closed his eyes to continue trying to get a nap.

The rest of the trip was spent this way with a napping Cade, a fidgety Choi Han, and a somewhat frozen Cale.

After a few days of just leisurely traveling, they reached a small village in the territory of Viscount Tolz.

Cade gazed at the far mountain that was supposed to blow up in two years time.