CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT - THEN IT GOES BOOM

The atmosphere inside the carriage isn't tense.

It was nonchalance.

Cale, Cade and Taylor have an air of nonchalance in them.

Like everything is completely fine and nothing is wrong. Not that something is wrong.

But Eric feels that way for some reason.

That is why he is the only one sitting stiffly in contrast to the elegant and perfect postures of the other three occupying the carriage with him.

He failed to notice the discreet and knowing smile the three shot each other.

As they arrived at the plaza, Eric hurriedly disembarked from the carriage saying that he'll bring Amiru and Gilbert over.

There was silence for a moment before Taylor opened his mouth.

"Are you not curious how I got my legs healed?"

"Not at all."

Was Cale's quick reply. Cade remained silent as of he is not the one who made it possible.

He is getting better and better at playing the oblivious child these past few years.

Taylor chuckled.

He already expected this response from Cale. He doesn't seem to be the type of person to care about anything that does not really concern him.

He looked at the young boy sitting beside Cale.

This is also the first time he saw him. The whole time that they were traveling together to the capital, the kid just stayed inside without even looking out the window.

Cade Henituse smiled at him gently making Taylor smile too.

He thought that the kid truly looked angelic smiling like that. He now understood why the Henituse family is protective of him.

He looked like the kind and gullible young master.

Taylor decided to also help look out for him.

"I made a deal with the crown prince."

"...."

Cale did not say anything. He just continued to look out the window without acknowledging what the other is telling him.

Taylor did not mind and continued. 

"In exchange of some information and becoming the next Marquis, he will heal my legs."