CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT - OH, UHMM, OOPS?

Screeeeeeee!

Stumbling through the thick greenery, Cale hurriedly looked for a better vantage point to launch a counter attack.

A huge monkey-like monster was quickly traversing the trees and vines it passed by while screeching at the human that dared enter it's territory.

It's eyes held mirth as though playing with it's prey is the most entertaining thing it had done in a while.

Cale, despite being in a disadvantageous terrain for him, still have a calm face.

He quickly jumped up to avoid a tree trunk that the monster threw towards his back and used it as a foothold to jump to a tree on his right. He kicked off the trunk of that tree and launched himself at the moster managing to cut its right arm off.

The monkey-like monster screeched madly and went berserk. It's eyes glowing red.

It attacked Cale more ferociously, it's enjoyment from hunting a prey now gone replaced by crazed thirst for blood.

"You're too loud."

With a quiet complain, Cale lobbed the monster's head in one swift motion. His sword covered in his aura.

The monster fell with a loud thud. This creature is twice as big as Cale but very agile.

Cale swiped his sword, blood splattering on the grass as he sheathed his blade.

He clenched his fist.

'Just a little more.'

It had been two months since he started training in the forest of darkness.

At first, Cale had a hard time adjusting to living inside the forest with monsters everywhere. He couldn't even sleep most nights because there were pretty dangerous monsters more active at night.

Choi Han is not beside him but he's close. He would guard Cale and only interfere if he think that Cale is going to die. Cale had brought a lot of high and highest grade potion, courtesy of his father, so he's able to heal even some serious injuries.

Cale would mostly be alone and survive fighting monsters on his own.

He already have a solid foundation, the only thing he's lacking is experience.

He may have been a soldier before but if he's being honest, the fight he's been in were only mob vs mob. Although there were a lot of encounter with near death situations, he had not experienced it in his new timeline.

It was like knowing a theory but not being able to execute it.

And Cale had long surpassed what he had been previously so it cannot be used as reference for him anymore. What he needs is a new experience.

That is why he's risking his life to train in one of he forbidden regions in their continent.

Cale let out a sigh and looked up at the gaps from the tree leaves and into the sky.

He wondered how Cade had been doing so far. This is the first time they had been separated for long. Cale is worried for his baby brother.

Cale already missed everyone but he have to endure for the sake of getting stronger.

He is also worried that his baby brother would find himself in trouble without him there to protect him.

'I have to hurry.'