CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR - HOW TO SAVE A DRAGON (3)

As Cade and Cale exited the dreadful cage, Cade turned to Cale.

"Hyung, search that wall for the hidden mechanism."

Understanding his brother's intentions, Cale immediately moved.

As Cale was groping around the wall, Choi Han finally finished the rest of the battle and walked inside.

"I followed Cade-nim's instruction."

Cade nodded his head. He clutched the baby dragon to his chest tightly.

The little black dragon is still staring at him intensely. Like he is calculating the odds of defeating him even without his mana.

Cade is just thankful that the black dragon hasn't tried to bite him yet. But he guessed the dragon would do no such thing. After all, it wouldn't want to be compared to a normal beast.

Choi Han flinched after seeing the dragon. His hands that were still holding his sword trembled slightly. Had his face not been covered by a mask, Cade is sure that Choi Han would be showing a pale face.

"Is something wrong?" Cade addressed the dazed Choi Han.

Choi Han snapped out of his daze and shook his head.

"N-nothing." His voice is very quiet and he cannot look at him or the dragon.

It is obvious that he's lying but Cade let it slide. He doesn't want to deal with anything troublesome. No, thank you.

Cale who finally found the smooth part of the rough wall turned to Cade.

"What do I do with this?"

"Just punch it."

"Uhh, is it hollow? Do I punch through it or do I make a hole?"

Cade stared at his older brother incredulously. He knew Cale is strong. Maybe not as strong as Choi Han but still very strong.

To think that he could actually punch a hole in a cave wall is....

Cade shook his head. Now is not the time to be amazed by the monstrous people around him.

"Just think of creating a ten centimeter dent in the wall."

"Sure."

Cale clenched his fist before punching the wall. Rumbling sound echoed in the cave then a secret passage presented itself before them.

"Let's go."

Cade urged the two to enter the passage. They ran in a straight line with Cale at the front and Choi Han in the rear. Cade remained in the middle with the unmoving baby dragon still in his arms.

Cade doesn't like it but he begrudgingly thanked the traumatizing "exercise" their old servant provided him. If not for that, he'd be out of breath from running too much and he wouldn't be able to carry the black dragon, who weighs quite significantly even though it's still very small, in his arms for a period of time.

As they reached the end of the tunnel, just after Cale punched the wall again, they finally caught a glimpse of the light of the moon.

Even though it is night, it's not dark at all. The moon shines beautifully on their surroundings. Like it is welcoming the presence of a mighty being.

For some reason, Cade thought the moon is shining brighter than all other times he'd seen it. As if the moon is rejoicing the safety of the little but great being cradled in his arms as well.