CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR - REWARD YOU SAY?

Walking along the luxurious hallway, only one set of footsteps can be heard.

There is no one in sight as the area is where the brothers stay at. The only servants allowed in this part of the castle are Ron, Beacrox and deputy butler Hans.

Aside from them, only a selected few can enter the area to clean or serve and solely based on schedule.

It is no wonder that the rumors regarding the Henituse family's protectiveness over the youngest son came to be.

And now, those regular rumors got even more exaggerated by the new ones.

Cale is already used to being the subject of talk amongst their citizens but this time is different. He doesn't know what to feel about the admiration they have for him opposite to the contempt people showered him in before.

The perception of the people really are scary. They can see you as a hero or as a villain just based on what they heard and judge you even before meeting you.

Cale had long settled on not caring about what other people think of him anymore but somehow, this is different.

"Haaaaaaa."

Cale stopped walking and pinched the bridge of his nose.

He doesn't want to think about nonessential things anymore and just tried to focus on the important matters at hand.

"What do you think of this?"

He is referring to the situation they found themselves in.

"I think we should keep a better eye on the third young master."

Ron is referring to the circumstances of Cade doing things they are not aware of. Cale have a weird expression on his face after hearing the old man's opinion.

As usual, Ron walks around like a ghost. Even with Cale's heightened hearing, he still fails to detect the old assassin's footsteps. But he know that he is following.

"Let's put any actions on hold until Eruhaben-nim returned."

Cale ordered, almost sighing. He had just finished talking to their father about the unexpected visitors. He had thought up some lies to feed their family about the visitor's identity but he is sure his father caught on to his lies.

It is a good thing that Deruth trust him enough not to question him too much.

"As you wish, young master."

Cale entered the room.

The sight that welcomed him is that of Witira and Raon, in his cat form, staring at each other.

Witira must have noticed that Raon is not an ordinary kitten nor a cat tribe member.

Fortunately there is no hostility in the staring contest, just plain curiosity or Cale really would not know what to do if two powerful beings decided to fight.

The amount of explanation he'd have to come up with just to explain the damage is already frightening.

"Miss Witira is there something wrong?"

Cale asked as he approached them. Cade and Paseton were just quietly sitting with Cade reading a book, not minding his surroundings while Paseton is playing with Hong.