EXTRA CHAPTER 2 - OLD FAT GUY IN RED?

It is the start of the winter season in the Roan Kingdom.

The citizens of the Rain City had just finished their winter preparations and is now ready to face the coming of the cold season.

Even though it is the dreaded winter for others, in the City that the Count of Henituse lords over, it is a festive season.

They would celebrate a festival dedicated to the winter. It is a festival that was held in the hopes of the passing of a peaceful winter where no one would die of the cold or hunger.

The people of the slums look forward to the winter festival as well as the people of the city would often hire them to remove the snow from their front door and roof. That means they will not get as hungry as other times. Even though it is cold, it is a time where finding food would not be hard.

In the highest hill of the city stood a grand castle overlooking the landscape of the capital.

In one of the rooms, two boys could be seen sitting on the carpeted floor facing a board of chess game.

The younger of the two, evidently winning.

Seeing the snow start to fall from the window the smaller one stared.

The older of the two looked at his brother before looking outside as well.

"The winter festival is coming soon."

The younger one stayed silent. Seemingly thinking of something deeply.

The older one frowned, "What's wrong?"

The game now forgotten, Cale scooted closer to his younger brother. Worried that he's lost on bad thoughts.

"You know," the four year old started,

"Back in my previous world, we also have a celebration on winter."

Cale stopped and focused on Cade.

"The children would evaluate their actions for the past year whether they are good or bad and this old man with a white beard in red would give gifts to the good children."

Cade looked up at Cale with wide innocent eyes. He started to get chills on his back.

"The old man would know what you like to receive if you tell him. He drives this sleigh in the air with magical deers pulling it, then despite having a huge belly he's still able to slip through people's fireplaces to enter the house and leave the gifts for the good children."

Cale paused for a while. It seemed like an outrageous fairytale to him. But Cade looked like he actually believe in that.

Should he ask his father to hire a fat old man with white beard to deliver a gift through their fireplace?

Would the old guy even fit?

Looking at the fireplace, he nodded his head internally. Their fireplace is big enough to fit five people, a fat guy should be able to get through that.

But why the fireplace though? Couldn't he come in through the door? Does he not have manners?

While Cale was contemplating what to do with the information he just got Cade was staring at him.

He wondered what Cale would be so deep in thought of.

Cade continued to talk, "Of course that was just what parents made their children belive."