CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN - USING WHO?

The banquet hall is now full of young nobles who came to represent their houses.

Most of them are the aspiring heir that would eventually lead the high society of the Roan Kingdom.

That is why, they were all gathered here by none other than the crown prince, Alberu Crossman.

The eldest prince of the royal family is in a bad position. Aside from being the eldest, he doesn't have any other edge against his brothers.

His mother was said to be a commoner thus he is basically a prince only in name.

If you want to survive in the chaotic and treacherous world of the royals, you'd need to either have a strong backing, or be very smart.

The crown prince is the latter.

He's so smart and cunning the he was able to get the heroes on his side in the previous time.

But even then, the crown prince is a true prince.

He's the only one from the royal family who stood in front to fight against the enemies. While the other members of the royal family tried to hide and save their own selves, Alberu Crossman is different. He is the one who led the people who still wants to fight.

He became the leader that everyone look up to.

Cale have respect for him as a soldier but that is not enough for him to want to get close to him now.

The crown prince that he respected is not this crown prince but the crown prince of the other timeline who fought for his people and did not gave up even after years of war.

Choi Han might have a different opinion though. Since Alberu Crossman was his liege before.

Cale have conflicting thoughts about Choi Han coming back to the crown prince's side.

For one, it's good to push Choi Han towards the crown prince and with Choi Han's memories of the "future" the crown prince would be able to help a lot. But on the other hand, Choi Han is a great guard for his baby brother.

The black haired man seemed to like Cade a lot and talks to him with respect unlike how he treats Cale. It annoys him but he think that he'll puke if ever Choi Han acted respectful to him.

Cale snapped out of his thoughts as his name was called to enter the banquet hall.

Cale sat himself in the table with the other northeastern nobles.

Among everyone here, only the northeastern nobles do not have a leader.

It was because the highest rank they have is a count.

The strongest family in the northeast is naturally the Henituse family. Even though they are only a county, they are extremely rich that even the royal family would have second thoughts on antagonizing them. Their rank may be low but competing with marquis and duke households wouldn't be a problem for them. Especially in this timeline where there were major changes in their family's fighting prowess.

Fortunately for them, the Henituse family is neutral.

The only thing they have to do is not get on their family's bad side and all will be well.

Cale made eye contact with Neo Tolz. Neo sneered at him while he gave a smile of his own in return.

That only annoyed him more making Cale smirk on the inside.

He felt a pinch on his side as Eric discreetly pinched him.

He must have seen the interaction and is trying to reign Cale in. Cale pouted at him but stopped.