CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE - HOLY SH-

Clang!

A sword flew out of a person disguised as a normal citizen's hand.

Cale turned his body and evaded the incoming sword of another enemy. He lifted his leg and kicked the man in the side of his jaw effectively knocking him out.

He shot his left hand to the side deftly catching a flying arrow aimed towards his flank and stabbed the arrow in the neck of a black clad person sneaking up on him.

Cale checked if there are more assailants in the immediate vicinity and when he found none, he went to check on the citizens that he had just saved.

"Are you okay?"

He asked the people cowering and trembling in fear. There were even some small children in this group.

They flinched and looked at him wide eyed. It's understandable because they just saw him fighting and even unhesitatingly killing others.

Even when it is already a different timeline without his image as the trash of the Count's family, some things still wouldn't change.

Like the fear people feel of him.

He saw some knights running over.

"Take them to a safer place."

He ordered. They saluted him as he turned away to look for other opponents.

That is why he did not notice the gaze the citizens and the knights directed at him.

They looked at him with sparkling, admiring eyes. And the back they were seeing would forever be etched in their memories that they would proudly boast of to others in the future.

While Cale was looking for other places to assist, he would also glance back at his brother from time to time.

He knew that the baby dragon is with Cade, making it impossible for any harm to befell the young red head but Cale still couldn't help but worry.

As Cale surveyed his surroundings once more, seeing that it is still a complete mess with the panicking citizens, he suddenly felt a chill on his back.

He looked up towards the Bell tower just in time to see two people clad in black beside the blood crazy mage rip magic scrolls and jump down.

Cale felt danger upon seeing the two people jumped from the tower.

Danger not for him but for someone else.

One of the two flew over to the escaping royals and nobles while the other-

"Fuck!"

He whipped his head to look at the direction the other one is heading to.

The direction of the other nobles and the citizens.

Cade.

Cale started to run but he knew he won't make it. Just as the bomb those people were wearing was about to explode...

A silver light appeared.

The silver light wrapped around the suicide bomber aiming for the other nobles and the citizens and formed a shield.