Midnight Snack-Chapter Twenty-One (Vinnie Vincent x Author)

Vinnie woke up with an empty stomach and no matter how hard he tried to ignore it, sleeping was becoming impossible.

He slowly sat up in bed, and then turned his head to glance at the alarm clock sitting nearby on the nightstand.

12:03.

The Ankh Warrior stood up on the cold floor and started making his way to the kitchen, being extra quiet to avoid waking me up.

In the microwave, there was a plate of homemade brownies that I had made for the housekeeper.

He reached out to pick one up and before he could take a small bite, Vinnie heard my yawn.

I rubbed my eyes sleepily as I walked into the kitchen.

"B-baby"?

Vinnie asked, although a bit surprised that he had been caught.

"Vinnie"!

I giggled, and turned on the light, making the guitar shredder moan in protest.

"What?"

Vinnie turned around, glaring against the light in my direction.

He took a slow, long drink to avoid responding again.

"What are you doing?"

I grinned.

Vinnie took his time, dramatically swallowing.

"What's it look like? I'm getting a drink. I was thirsty."

I stared at him for a moment.

"What"?

Vinnie frowned.

"Those were for the housekeeper".

I mumbled deep and teasingly .

"What were"?

"The brownies"?

"What brownies?"

Vinnie avoided looking over at the counter.

"Those! The only ones in the microwave of the hotel room we're staying in"!

I laughed, pointing at the open tray with a decently sized empty hole in the sweets.

"Hey, why'd you eat them"?

"Vinnie"!

I laughed again, and walked forward.

Vinnie looked away, unable to stop from blushing a bright shade of embarrassed pink.

God damn it.

I smirked down at him, putting my hands on my hips.

"You don't have to lie to me, you know."

I stopped right in front of him, using one of my hands to gently move Vinnie's hair out of his face.

"Lie about what"?

Vinnie looked down, pushing his empty cup away on the counter.

"Vinnnie".

I quietly teased him, leaning down, standing so close to the guitarist that we shared our next breath.

"You're so silly. Getting up in the middle of the night for a midnight snack".

There was a silence for a minute or two until I spoke up.

"Well... If you want me to go back to bed so you can finish alone, I will".

I was more serious now.

Vinnie watched as I pretended to walk away, but then I stopped to face him once again.