By The Sea, By The Deadly Sea-Chapter Thirty-Six (Kiss Oneshot #10)

Today, me and the guys were in Australia for a small vacation, and then KISS had to go back out on tour.

Eric Singer wanted to go snorkeling out on the ocean because he had never done that before.

He was pretty excited about it, too.

Once we packed up our stuff, we left the hotel that we were staying in and made the short walk to the beach.

There wasn't a lot of people, but I was sure if we stayed here all day, then there'd be more people coming to enjoy the sunshine.

Paul and Gene were setting up the beach umbrella, and Tommy was helping Eric look for somebody who was an expert on snorkeling.

Once they found the right person, Eric followed them to the area where there were wet suits.

"What's all this for anyway"?

The Catman asked.

"I don't know. Maybe it goes with your snorkeling stuff".

But little did we know, a dangerous sea animal would be swimming in the water in our direction.

After I put on on my wet suit, Tommy could see that Eric was having trouble with getting his wet suit on.

"Screw it. I'm ready to go snorkeling".

Eric left his wet suit in the men's changing rooms and walked out.

"We can't exactly force anyone to wear a wet suit. It's just for your own protection".

The man who was teaching Eric how to go snorkeling in the water told the drummer.

I watched as they stepped into the ocean and the water went all the way past their ankles.

"Over there is a large net that we use to keep dangerous animals away from everybody. Just don't go past it and you'll be safe".

The man told Eric, who was anxious to get started.

Tommy put on his shades and then went to stand on the dock to watch the Catman.

Then, he spotted something floating in the water.

It looked like a plastic bag that someone had left behind.

As soon as I saw what Tommy was looking at, I panicked.

"ERIC! GET OUTTA THERE! THERE'S A DANGEROUS ANIMAL IN THE WATER"!

I hollered.

"Huh? I don't see anything".

Eric looked around and then put his hand into the water.

"DON'T DO THAT! YOU'RE GONNA GET—

I called out.

But it was too late.

Eric soon felt an intense pain going through his hand.

"Owww! Something got me"!

He quickly ran out of the water and tried to get whatever had hurt him off him by putting some sand on his hand.

But it didn't work.

When the tour guy saw something in the water, he panicked too, and ran to go find a lifeguard.

"Eric, what's the matter, buddy"?

Tommy asked, watching the drummer sit down on the sand.

The pain was increasing by the minute, and Eric was clenching his teeth.

Soon, Paul and Gene came to see what was going on.

"I don't what it was, but something must have bit my hand while I was in the water".

Eric said, as he tried not to panic.

Then, the tour guide came back with a lifeguard and a whole gallon of vinegar.

"You were stung by Chironex Flickeri, so you need immediate medial attention".

We all watched as the life guard began to pour some of the vinegar on Eric's hand.

The pain went away a little bit, but Eric was still in danger because the venom from the box jellyfish's tentacles was enough to make him go into cardiac arrest or even kill him.

"Your heartbeat is really high. I'm calling the paramedics right now".

About five minutes later, an ambulance arrived on the scene.

They stuck a needle with anti-venom into Eric's hand, and after a few seconds, his heart rare went back to normal.

"Whew! I feel much better now".

Tommy, Paul, and Gene were relieved to know that Eric was okay.

"Where did you see the box jellyfish"?

The lifeguard asked.

"It was in the shallow water".

Tommy said, and pointed to the exact spot.

Sure enough, there was a box jellyfish swimming in the water.