Forelsket

Forelsket

(n.) The euphoria you experience when you are first falling in love.

I was woken up by the sun coming through the blinds in my bedroom. I had a mini heart attack thinking I had to be at work but quickly remembered it was Saturday. After that there was no going back to sleep so I just layed there basking in the warmth of my blankets.

My mind quickly went to the previous week, the events between me and Emily replaying for the 100th time. I rolled onto my stomach hugging one of my pillows and burying my face into it letting out a small screech while kicking my feet. A goofy childlike grin taking over my face.

My phone ringing brought me back to reality but when I saw who was calling my mind once again started racing. A blush crept on my face just at the thought of her. I felt like a teenager with a crush on one of their schoolmates. I shook my head in hopes of getting rid of the thoughts and cleared my throat as I answered.

"Hello Emily and what do I have the honor of hearing your voice this morning for?" I hadn't spoken yet so my voice was groggy due to just waking up.

"Just wondering if you wanted to grab some brunch with me and Garcia? And maybe some shopping afterward." I could hear the smile through her words. How could I say no?

"I'll be there. What time?"

"Around 11 at Josh's." I looked at the clock on my phone. 9:13.

"Alright I'll see you there." I hung up the phone and audibly groaned.

How the hell am I supposed to act around her now? She's a profiler she'll know...wait I'm a profiler. I'll just act the opposite of the normal liars we see.

After coming up with that...plan. I got up and headed to the shower. My mind slipped to some not so holy things about Emily but the moment I realized what I was doing I stopped.

What the fuck it wrong with me?! Where did this come from?

After that I thought about anything and everything other than her.

I got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around me as I walked back to my bedroom and into my closet.

It took me at least 45 minutes to find something to wear that wasn't 'I'm heading to work to solve three murders'. I chose a comfortable purple blouse that was loose and grey slacks with my flats. I had a brown crossbody purse so I used that.

It was still 30 minutes before I needed to go so I turned on the TV to see what was on. I rarely got to watch TV because I was so busy. I still am, so it's nice so sit down for a few minutes.

Boy was I wrong. I ended up getting caught up in a soap opera and was almost late.

I was speeding down the road, without actually speeding, and got a text from Garcia.

Hey sweet-cheeks! Me and Emily just sat down, c u soon!!😘💕

Shit.

I finally found a parking space and ran to the restaurant. I found Garcia and Emily sitting at a table near the back.

"Fancy meeting you here." I smiled and slid into my seat.

"Glad you could make it Kira!" Garcia hugged me across the table and Emily gave me a wink.

She has no clue what she's doing.

"Now let's dish, I heard that there's going to be someone helping us on the next case." Garcia started.

"Wait really? I thought Hotch said that nobody was going to replace JJ? And Kira's back so why do we need the extra help?" Emily asked. I was thinking the same exact thing so I'm glad she did.

"I don't know about you guys but I'm excited to see if we actually get someone new. I've always been a new person apparently so it's exciting." I said as our food was set down.

"It is exciting, take a young soul under our wings and fly." Garcia smiled. We all laughed at that comment.

Soon we were getting up and Garcia got a call.

"PG in the house...oh hello sir...I'm with Prentiss and Monet...yes sir on our way." Sadly we have to cut our girls day short because evil knows no bounds apparently. Me and Emily sighed in unison. I guess the outfit I was wearing was turning into a 'solving three murders' outfit. Damn.