Wonderwall

Wonderwall

(adj.) someone you find yourself thinking about all the time, a person you are completely infatuated with.

I was dancing around my apartment's small kitchen making chex and other grab snacks preparing for tonight. I know Rossi said he would bring food but I wanted something people could eat while they wait. Emily said she was bringing the movie and would come earlier to help me prepare.

About two hours passed and there was a buzz signaling someone was downstairs and wanted to come up. I trotted over to the door buzzing whoever it was up and made sure the door was unlocked. My guess was that it was Emily.

As I walked away the door swung open and I heard her familiar voice.

"Hey loser." Emily closed the door and strutted her way into my kitchen where I leaned over the island eating the chex I just made.

"Hey dork." I let out with my mouth full. A noise bounced off the walls as Emily threw the movie down on the counter. My face fell and I looked up at my silently laughing partner. "Emily you've got to be kidding me." An innocent look was now plastered on her face like she had no clue what I was talking about.

It was a horror movie.

I hate horror movies.

It's a bit ironic due to my line of work but I'm not a fan of jump scares and Emily just layed Annabelle next to me.

"Anyways do you need help with anything?" Emily asked as if that was going to make up for the fact she's forcing me to watch my least favorite movie.

"Nope, we just have to wait for everyone else to show up but I going to change first." I was wearing grey baggy track pants and a blue spaghetti strap tanktop. I wanted to look a little more presentable.

"Put on something hot for me." Emily yelled through the house. I could practically hear the smirk on her face.

"In your dreams Prentiss" I yelled back as I slid on black jeans and a green blouse. I was going to add something but there was a buzz at the door.

"I'll get it for you." Emily ran through the house and let them in. I could hear the clomp of her ankle boots hitting the old floorboards.

"Who is it?" I came out of my room combing through hair with my fingers. Emily just shrugged. "Oh, it's Rossi and Seaver." I smiled as I opened the door for them. Rossi was holding a dish and Ashley had two bottles of liquor in her hands.

In the next 30 minutes everyone except Hotch had shown up. He must be busy with Jack like he said he would be. Good for him.

"Can we eat already? I'm so hungry, I skipped lunch for this." Garcia whined like a child wanting a toy.

"I agree, I'm starving." Morgan agreed, pouring wine for Garcia as she headed for the table.

"Okay then let's eat. Sorry it's a bit cramped, I live by myself." I chuckled at myself while looking at my pathetic two person table that was now crammed with seven.

"Don't worry about it kiddo I think we all have tables this small. Except me obviously." Rossi said while pouring his third drink of the evening. We all sat around the table laughing and just chatting about anything and everything. We tried not to talk about work but it somehow always circled back to it.

It became dark outside so the room was only lit by the kitchen lights and the few lamps scattered around my apartment.

"I think it's time for a movie." Emily stood from the table picking up everyone's dishes. I followed her into my kitchen as everyone else walked to the living room.

She set all the dishes in the sink and was about to start washing them but I stopped her by placing my hands on her shoulders.

"You can do that later. '' I leaned over her so my mouth was closer to her face. "I need to hold someone's hand during the scary movie right?" Emily dropped her head placing her hands on the counter and putting her weight on them shifting her forward a bit. She let out a breathy laugh.

"Wow." A sly grin grew on her face as I turned and sashayed into the other room.

I walked in, taking in where everyone was sitting. My couch was in a 'U' shape, so Reid was stretched out on one side sharing a bowl of popcorn with Ashley as she sat next to him with her legs crossed. Morgan and Garcia were opposite of them on the far side of the room also sharing a bowl. She was shoving popcorn into Morgan's mouth as he tried not to spit it back out. Rossi was sitting closer to Morgan and Garcia with his legs propped up on the coffee table. I took a seat next to Ashley as Emily came in and started the movie, with another bowl of popcorn in her hand she waddled over and plopped next to me resting the bowl in her lap.

The movie started and I was fine at first but as it went on I slowly was contracting my body closer to Emily's figure. I didn't even realize how close I was until I flinched and hit my head on her shoulder. I looked up to Emily staring down at me but she quickly put her attention back on the movie when I noticed. I swear there was a wash of pink that burned her ears but I chose to ignore it.

I started to move my body away but something kept me there. Emily's arm was wrapped around me, so I stayed, resting my head on the side of her torso...until the next jump scare when I shoved my head into her back and mumbled a string of curses I just felt her body vibrate from silent laughter.

After that the night melted into a blur, I think I drank too much, but my mind was also racing from everything that had happened in the past few days I most likely just couldn't remember.

I couldn't stop thinking about Emily.