Obticeō

Obticeō

(v.) I am silent.

The next three months flew by so quickly it was like I didn't even live it. Me and Emily had been dating since that day and we had continued to move forward together, we even moved in together as of a few weeks ago. We were back in America due to an old friend contacting us and we found ourselves in my old house. Emily's had been rented out so my place was the only option.

I groaned loudly when the alarm went off. Emily untangled herself from the blankets and my limbs and turned it off.

"Good morning." Her groggy morning voice fully woke me up as she picked up all the blankets leaving me cold. I forgot to mention when we sleep it's a battlefield, we would fall asleep peacefully together in each other's arms but we would wake up, hair everywhere, half off the bed, and tangled in blankets and each other. It wasn't cute.

"For the first time in seven months I'm waking up at the ass crack of dawn and I don't want to." Emily let out a chuckle as she picked me up out of bed.

"Well we get to see the team again."

"And Garcia is part of that team." I pondered.

"You two never made amends?" She slid her pajama shirt over her head.

"Nope." I looked through my side of the closet for something to wear.

"I don't know what to say to that." Emily buttoned up her dress shirt and passed me her cream colored turtleneck.

"How did you know I wanted to wear this?" I started putting it on.

"I saw you eyeing your brown pantsuit. You normally wear something cream underneath it."

"It's great to have my whole wardrobe and house back but I'm wondering why it wasn't put up for sale."

"Who knows," She grabbed my hands and kissed my knuckles. "I'm going to go make coffee, you can finish getting ready." I brushed my teeth and hair and grabbed my watch and black chunky boots. I walked down the hallway meeting Emily in the kitchen. "Here's your coffee love." She handed me a go-cup and kissed me.

"Thank you." I returned the kiss, smiling and then took a sip of my perfect coffee. "You make amazing coffee, you should have been working at the cafe, not me." I hummed. Emily's body language had changed and I noticed. "What's wrong?"

"Just thinking about the fact everyone thinks we're dead and now we're coming back as a couple." Her lips formed a thin line.

"And Hotch and Strauss have that rule 'no dating in the bureau' thing." I slouched. "Well until we can ease them into it we should keep it hidden right?"

"Yeah." Emily whispered, taking a long sip of her own coffee.

—-

We were on the elevator on our way up to the sixth floor and Emily kept rubbing her palms on her clothes.

"Nervous?" I asked, cracking a smile.

"Is it that obvious?"

"Well when you're sweating bullets, yeah." I leaned my head over and gave her a kiss on her high cheek bone as the doors opened. "Let's do this." I was using all my strength not to melt into a puddle of worries on the floor but I had to keep it together so Emily wouldn't freak.

The walk to the conference room felt like years were taken off my life. The air was stale and cold, not lively like all those months ago. It seemed like the color was drained from the bullpen until I saw Garcia's flamboyant dress through the window and all the muscles in my body seemed to stop working. Emily turned back to my frozen figure.

"You got this." She grabbed my hand intertwining her fingers with mine and there were butterflies dancing around in my stomach.

"I don't know Emily, she's going to hate me."

"It's Garcia, if she does, it won't be for long." She glanced up at the window to make sure nobody was looking and stole a small peck on my lips before we got back on track to the round table room.

We stood in the doorway. Hotch looked me straight in the eyes and I could tell he was reading the fear in my soul like one of Rossi's novels. Everyone soon caught on and looked in our direction. I couldn't pull myself to even look at Garcia but I knew tears were falling down her face and I could feel her gaze piercing my body.

I looked at everyone and then finally Garcia, Emily was already on the other side of the room talking to Morgan so I had nowhere to run. Garcia jumped up faster than I had ever seen and her arms wrapped around my shoulders.

"Kira!" She weeped. I felt a wet spot growing on my clothes. My voice had stopped working, I couldn't muster up a sound. "I thought you died, and I- I didn't get to apologize." She continued sobbing and I just let her. She didn't need to apologize though it was me who held a grudge for far too long. "Wait!" She suddenly yelled. I still couldn't make a noise. "Your car..the bomb.." She trailed off. "In the hospital.." Everyone was looking at me now I had to say something.

"I wasn't in the car. I was actually pretty far away. Hotch told you I was in the car to make it believable." My voice was just above a whisper.

I pulled away from Garcia. "I'm sorry." My voice cracked as I tried to speak up a little bit. 

"Don't be." Garcia's eye pierced mine. "Just never do that again please." She brought me into another hug. "I don't think my heart can take it." She sniffed.