Noctuary

Noctuary

(n.) the record of a single nights events, thoughts, or dreams.

"We would love to tell you about everything and hear about your lives but we need to know about Declan."

"Yes we got a call and were on the first flight back." Me and Emily became very serious and so did everyone else. "We heard you have Doyle, I want to talk to him the moment you tell me the rest of this case." I started following Garcia to her office but Emily stopped me.

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

"As sure as I've ever been."

I was walking to where Ian was being held because I would break him if it was the last thing I would do but was stopped short by the one and only Strauss.

"I can't allow you to speak to him."

"Excuse me?"

"I don't like the tone you're using with me, agent."

"And I don't like the way you've treated me since the moment I got here. With all due respect, ma'am I'm going to talk to him whether you want me to or not."

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying your word in this situation is not going to dictate what I do." I shoved passed her and I could tell she was fuming but I didn't care, this guy nearly killed me.

Morgan was in the interrogation room so I joined JJ behind the glass.

"I'm going to go in there."

"Alright." She pulled out her phone and texted Morgan and I looked at her.

"That easy?"

"Well yeah, I'm not gonna tell you no, I'd want to talk to him if he shot me and then tried to blow me up." Morgan opened the door right as Emily came in with papers.

"Are you going in Kira?"

"Yeah."

"Get him to tell you which one is Declan's mom."

"Got it." I started toward the door.

"And Kira, play dirty." I nodded and I went in. I slammed the door open and I went back to my early career days as an interrogator. He met my eyes and no words were shared for the first five minutes I was in there.

"I thought you were dead." Ian finally spoke up.

"I thought I was too. Now," I pulled three papers out. "Agent Morgan asked you about enemies but I want to know which one is Declan's mother?"

"Her, Chloe Donaghy. But she has nothing to do with this."

"I didn't ask anything more than who the mother was. But now let's talk about how she's not dead. You told Emily and I she was."

—-

Time passed and Ian talked, it was easier than I was expecting.

"You just told me you chained her to a bed for nine months."

"Seven."

"Seven." I rolled my eyes.

"Ian, that's torture. It's no wonder she wanted to kill the child."

"She received a lot of money for her trouble."

"Did Louise help deliver Declan?"

"Yes." I pulled out another photo.

"This is revenge," It was a photo of Louise's dead body. It was difficult for me to even look out, I loved Louise, she was a friend to me. "She has spent years planning on how to make you feel the same way you made her feel."

Suddenly Reid bursted in with Emily hot on his heels.

"We can't let him out of here."

"I will chain myself to him if that's what it takes."

"He'll still find a way out."

Emily and I rushed to Strauss' office.

"I hope she says yes." Emily whispered.

"Oh, she'll say yes." We turned in and explained that we needed to take Ian or Declan was going to die.

Emily, Ian, and I stepped off the helicopter and I could see Declan in the hands of the creep.

"Bring him here." I looked over at Emily and she looked at me.

"Nobody is leaving." I nodded in agreement and we headed toward the plane. Declan looked up at me and I gave him a sweet smile, before I flew to France when I 'died' I visited Declan and Louise. I could see the rows on his face from when he cried, it tore me up inside and I knew it was hurting Emily too. Suddenly Morgan's voice rang out over the airstrip.

"Gun!" I heard three shots and watched one hit Doyle in the neck. Emily dove for Declan and I applied pressure to Ian's wound. There was nothing I could do and we both knew it so he just looked at me and I stood up. He turned to his side and there was a moment between him and Declan where they mumbled something but I couldn't hear it.

"Sorry son." His eyes fluttered closed and Emily picked the boy up.

Me and Emily got into my house and finally relaxed our muscles.

"That was a day." Emily laughed.

"I'm taking a shower."

"Alright, I'm gonna order some food and then take one as well."

Not five minutes after Emily walked to the back her phone started ringing. It was just JJ and she knew we were living together so it was no big deal.

"Emily Prentiss' phone."

"Oh hey Kira, I actually needed to talk to both of you so this works out. We're going to court." I furrowed my brows.

"What?"

"The senator called Hotch, in two weeks our team is going to court. I don't know any details but apparently it's bad."

"Okay, I'll tell Emily, thanks Jayje." I hung up and turned around to see Emily coming out of our room in a towel.

"Tell me what?"

"That was quick."

"What? You said you were ordering food, I wanted some."

"Well apparently we're going to court in two weeks because of today. But I'm choosing not to worry about it right now because I have my beautiful girlfriend in a towel standing in front of me."

"After today you're really thinking about that?"

"No, don't look at me like that. Just give me a kiss." I walked over to her and cupped her cheek.

"Fine." Emily leaned in and returned my kiss. We shared a moment together until she pulled away. "I'm going to go get dressed, order food now."

"Yes, ma'am." I winked as she walked back into our room.