Ebullition

Ebullition

(n.)an unrestrained expression of emotion

The team had been back less than ten minutes and I was already sitting in Hotch's empty office. He told me the moment they all stepped out of the elevator to go to his office. I looked at the bullpen and Emily caught my eye. She gave me a 'what's going on?' type look. I shrugged hoping it wasn't about what I thought.

The door slammed shut, I slightly jumped as Hotch walked over to the blinds and closed them.

"Monet, would you like to tell me why I wasn't told you had become a legal shooter?" Hotch's face was stern, he was pissed off. "Not from you, not from your boss in New York but Garcia." Now I was pissed off.

"Sir it wasn't important for my job here, I needed it for my position in New York and after I came back here it's a skill I no longer need. That's why."

"Not important? Kira, you trained for 16 weeks just to touch the gun you used." Hotch seemed to calm down, he wasn't mad, his face softened and he seemed... worried. Did he think the job I had was that dangerous?

"That is true sir, I was planning on telling you when the time was right, Garcia even told me to do that," I took a deep breath trying not to become angry. "She then told you herself, I apologize, sir." I stood from the chair I was in. "I hope I can continue my work here and we both will be able to move past this." Hotch also stood up.

"I trust that if your job was so dangerous you had to become a sniper you would tell me correct?"

"Of course sir, my job was only in undercover ops, there was a case I had to go into and to get me in I needed to become a sniper. If you don't believe me I can get the file sent to you."

"No need I trust you Kira, get back to work now you have some reports to write up." A small grin grew on his face and I had to return it.

"Thank you sir but my I go speak a...strong word to Garcia, I don't appreciate what she did."

"Don't take it too far." Hotch warned. I nodded and stormed out of his office. I was too livid to explain what was happening to Emily but knowing her she was going to follow me.

"Someone must had a busy day." Morgan joked. Earning a wimp high-five from a confused Reid.

"And someone should mind their business." I shot back, not missing a beat. That earned a snicker from Emily and Ashley.

I punched the numbers into the keypad to get into Garcia's office. She had a clipboard in her hand and was walking around checking stuff off.

"Penelope." My voice boomed. She snapped her head as if she didn't hear me come in. Fear took over her face, she knew what she did.

"Kira, I am so sorry, I couldn't do anything else."

"You could have kept your mouth shut." The more I spoke the angier I became. "I asked you not to tell anyone, especially Hotch and what did you do? Told him." My words were leaking out like venom. "I'm already dealing with so much right now, I literally got sick because of stress." My rage was fading away and I just felt broken.

"Kira please I-" Garcia couldn't finish her sentence, tears began to roll down her cheeks.

"No, you broke my trust Penelope. I'm serious. I trusted you with that sensitive information. It may not seem sensitive to you but there is a reason it's not in my file." I heard Emily run up but I didn't stop. "I was told not to tell anyone, even Hotch, I asked you for advice not to try and solve my problem." I turned on my heels and shoved past the small crowd that had formed of Emily, Morgan, Reid, and Rossi. I knew Garcia was crying. I mean I just yelled at her but I was so mad I didn't care. I love her but I asked her not to say anything and promised me.

I swung open the door of the bullpen and Hotch rammed right into me, knocking me off balance. I grabbed the wall keeping me from falling over.

"Oh I'm sorry Kira. Are you alright?" Hotch asked with sincerity. By now I had calmed down and all the anger that had been boiling inside me for the past two days had evaperated.

"Yeah I'm fine." My voice barely audible.

"You sure, Dave just came into my office and told me that Garcia was crying and you had been yelling at her. I didn't realize how angry you were."

"Well I told her about me becoming a shooter and also asked for her not to tell anyone, especially you, nothing against you I just wasn't ready. She promised and not 20 minutes later I got that text from you saying we needed to chat." I sped through my words I honestly wanted to just grab my stuff and go home.

"Oh, well if you're still angry I'm going to have to ask you to take the afternoon off."

"I'm still livid and I will be for awhile but I've said all I'm going to say to her you don't have to worry sir." I gave a brief smile and walked around him.

I crashed into my desk. The only other person in the bullpen was Rossi up in his office with the door shut. Everyone was probably with Garcia. That's what I thought until Emily stormed in.

"What the hell is going on?" She whisper yelled as she pulled her chair over and looked at me straight in the eyes. "Leave out any details and I'm kicking your ass." Even though she was joking it sounded so serious in her tone. So I didn't I told her everything, it wasn't a long story but I said everything from my 16 week training in New York to the call I got from Tsia. She kept up with it all, never getting lost in the extravagant and unrealistic details. I loved that about her, Emily's a great person to tell stories too. Always listens.