Cruor

Cruor

(n.) murder, bloodshed

"Kira," Emily's voice shook me out of a trance. "We need to find out how to get out of here" We both looked around the room. "What can we use against him," We both fell silent as we thought. I suddenly gasped "What?"

"Declan. That's all we have, the only upper hand on Ian we truly have."

"You're right." For the next few hours we pondered on how we could use his son as a way to escape.

We were getting nowhere when we heard his footsteps. We were both exhausted, I was becoming delusional, and tears threatened to fall from Emily's eyes. Doyle walked into the room and I couldn't even lift my head to look or even have the energy to hear what he had to say until I heard a gun. My dry eyes shot up and I saw him pointing a gun at Emily and she was bracing for the impact of the bullet.

"Time for your last confession love." He finished and cocked the gun. With all my energy I muttered out in a tired voice.

"Take us to where he died. We want to see it." He glared at me and I was expecting him to shoot me but he didn't. He slowly started to untie Emily and I heard her counting and bobbing her head to keep her breaths steady.

He dragged us to another room by our necks.

"There," He craned our heads to the side. "That's the corner he died in and that's where I'm going to kill you two." He threw Emily into the wall and me right after. Our bodies crashed into each other and I let out a groan in intense pain. My head was throbbing. I could barely see straight and blood began to escape from the cuts in my hands. He pointed his gun at me while my back was turned.

"Wait!" My head turned at Emily's outburst and I now knew his gun was on me. "There's something you don't know about those photos."

"Yeah," I agreed because I knew where she was going. "After your arrest we relocated them but then Interpol wanted more dirt on you so you would break."

"So you used my son?" Anger built up in his face.

"No," Emily pleaded. "I would never let him be a pawn. Ian they would have found him no matter what so I had to-"

"HAD TO WHAT!" He yelled through gritted teeth.

"I had to end his suffering before it began." There was a loud clap and Emily collapsed. Ian backhanded her and there was a sudden surge of energy in my body.

I pounced at Doyle's blurry figure but in my state I wasn't successful. He easily grabbed me and shoved me into a rickety shelf. The wind was knocked out of me as I collapsed to the hard ground. By the time I regained my bearings Doyle was back on Emily.

"There's no possible way you know when those photos were taken."

"I'm the one holding the gun and Kira took the photos." Ian picked her up and slammed her on top of me.

"Shit." Emily rolled to her stomach off of my body. "Kira?"

"I'm fine." I climbed onto all fours and met her intense gaze. I looked up at Doyle. "Wanna know what his last words were to us you asshole? He kicked my stomach but I kept going. "He said 'I looked pretty good for a dead kid didn't I' and then he got on the plane and I never saw him again." He kicked me again and my breathing became more difficult.

"He's alive?" He questioned.

"Just because I held a gun to him doesn't mean I shot him." Emily said. He grabbed her by the neck and slammed her into another wall.

"No!" I screeched as he pulled his gun out again. Emily elbowed him, he dropped the gun and I jumped to my feet. I did the only thing I could think of doing, I used the cuffs around my wrists to strangle him. Emily kneed him and he collapsed.

"Face it Ian. We have beat you at your own game." The only thing fueling me was the adrenaline the moment it wore out I was going to collapse. "Before you even left Korea we had won." The lights suddenly went out and I looked up at Emily. Doyle took that moment and flipped me over his shoulder. I landed straight on back and my eyes fluttered close. I heard the struggle between Emily and Doyle but I couldn't get up. By the time I flipped to my stomach where I could see what was going on it was too late. I tried to yell out as Emily looked at me but the bloody stake in Doyle's hand had already stabbed her.

"EMILY!" I screamed tears falling from my eyes as I used all my strength to try and crawl toward her but I stopped when Doyle pulled his gun on me.

"Kira, this is your last chance, where is Declan?"

"Never."

Boom. Boom.

Two bullets pierced my back and I felt the blood pool below me. I was within a foot away from Emily but I couldn't do anything.

"Emily." My voice came out broken and weak but her head turned toward me. I could see the tears falling from her usually vibrant brown eyes. "Emily I-" My head started spinning due to the loss of blood. I was wavering between consciousness and unconsciousness. I heard footsteps running toward us so with my last bit of strength I confessed my heart.

"Emily, I love you."