Whelve

Whelve

(v.) to bury something deep; to hide

Months had passed, cases flew by, and I got back into the swing of things but there were things I didn't tell everyone about New York. Like how I became a sniper or in their terms a shooter. Or about her...at least that's what I thought until I walked into work today and they were talking about how Emily hadn't had a boyfriend in "forever".

"Look" Morgan turned to me as I walked into the bullpen "Tell us, since you've known Emily has she had a boyfriend?" Everyone was now looking at me. I know Emily wanted me to lie but I had to tell the truth.

"A few, but it's nothing compared to the girlfriends she's had." Morgan's jaw dropped, Reid's eyes looked like they were going to fall out of his head and Ashley just walked away laughing. "I know you did not look at that woman right there.." I pointed to a slumping Emily. "..and think she was straight."

"Well sexuality has nothing to do with looks, it's really about how the brian is wired with it's attraction." Reid continued but I tried walking away. That didn't work out seeing as if Morgan followed me to my desk.

"What about you Mo? Any devious men in your life?" Emily's ears perked up and she slunk over to us waiting for my answer.

"Morgan, I'm not beating around the bush, I'm gay." He didn't look as shocked as if he knew.

"Okay then any women?" I glanced at Emily and a gloss of curiosity shone in her deep eyes.

"Yeah Kira, any women?" She pried.

Shit shit shit why did I get myself in this situation, if I lie now it will be too obvious.

"One." Gasps took over the room and Ashley and Reid rejoined the conversation. "Funny story actually we bonded over the fact we both worked here." Reid and Morgan shared a look.

"Where in New York did you say you were Kira?" Reid asked, staring into my eyes as if he was reading my soul.

"From Buffalo but I was in Manhattan. Why?" Emily and Ashley also picked up on how odd the guys were acting.

"What was her name?" Morgan asked slowly. This felt like an interrogation. Was she a criminal I never heard of?

"Elle Gre-" I was cut off by Reid attacking me with questions.

"Where is she? How is she? Is her mom good? Did she tell you about us?" Morgan had to pull him back.

"She used to work in this unit until an incident."

"Yeah she told me she was shot and everyone on her team invalidated her." I had a smug look on my face as both the men's body language did a full 180. They seemed depressed all of a sudden. Then it all clicked...

----

"Yeah I was shot by a man when I worked with the FBI, after that I believe my team didn't really think I was capable of what I could do before. One night I approached a rapist that had been released and not realizing he was armed I shot him in self-defence. That was the last straw when nobody believed me. I told my boss I should have a right to feel safe in my own home and that on that teamI didn't, I left afterward." I reached across the little breakfast table that sat in the back of the coffee shop Elle worked at. I grabbed her hand rubbing my thumb over the buttery smooth skin on her knuckles.

"That was really brave of you, I would have done the same thing." Elle's gaze that was out the window now fell to me.

"They were nice people though, some of the greatest friends I ever made, I miss them a lot." There was a distant look and I could tell she was sincere. I gently squeezed her hand.

----

...they regretted what they did to her. I'm glad, Elle was a wreck. Even though after we broke up we didn't keep in contact, I knew she was still healing. She didn't show it much, she was so strong but in our ten month relationship I got to see the many sides of Elle Greenaway.

"Did you guys know her?" Emily finally spoke up.

"She is actually who you guys replaced back then." Morgan was confined. I looked up from my lap to see Emily's eyes glued on me as if she was angry but I didn't think there was a reason to be so I just got up and got some coffee and the mini kitchen with Ashley.

----

Me and Emily were in an SUV heading back to Quantico. An interstate case just finished up, a newlywed couple were killing people and setting gas stations on fire.

"So how long did you and that Elle girl date?" Emily was driving so she didn't look at me.

"Why do you want to know? And how did you know we didn't break up?" I questioned.

"Because if you hadn't you wouldn't have come back."

"You only answered one question" I slightly leaned closer to her. "Are you jealous?" Emily immediately scoffed.

"Me jealous? Of what?" Emily refused to look at me but I could see the tips of her ears were turning crimson.

"Is Emily Prentiss in love with her partner?!" I acted shocked covering my mouth with my hand.

"Don't jump the gun." Emily argued as we pulled into the parking garage.

"You're not denying it. Is this why you were so curious when I was talking about her a few days ago? The car was now parked and Emily had her arms crossed as I was propped on my arm on the consol. Emily rolled her eyes.

"What? No. You're crazy. All those compliments Garcia has been giving you is going to your head."

"Really?" I was smirking larger and larger as Emily became more and more flustered.

"I'm getting out of the car now." Emily climbed out, grabbed her duffle bag, and started running across the parking garage and me following hot on her heels as we continued our friendly argument.