Tristfull

Tristfull

(adj.) deeply yet romantically melancholy.

"What?" I whispered back, taking off my boots so I wouldn't make a sound and looked through the peephole. "Nonononono." I started to panic.

He must have seen me at the store.

I pulled Emily into the other room.

"I went to the store earlier and I saw him and I hid but he must have seen me."

"Well if he followed you here- wait he followed you here."

"Oh my god." We were both panicking at this point. "What do we do?" He knocked on the door again and we both jumped.

"Just answer the door and act like you have no clue who he is."

"Why don't you answer it?! It's your house."

"Because he followed you, not me." She shoved me toward the door and before I could argue anymore I was opening the door.

"Kira?" Oliver asked. When we were dating he was learning English and if I was just meeting him today I would probably think English was his first language. It sounded nice but I do know him and it was bizarre. 

"Who?" I replied in my besh French accent.

"Kira Monet. I know it's you stop messing around."

"I don't know Kira Monet, my name is Cassandra." I tried shutting the door but he hit his hand on it to stop it causing me to jump a bit. "Please leave." He shoved the door open and tried to push inside when Emily stepped in.

"She asked you to leave, now." With brute force she shoved him out the door and locked it. We didn't hear him leave so Emily led me to her small bedroom. "We can't stay here anymore, you have an apartment correct?" She asked, shoving a bunch of random clothes in a bag.

"Yeah but how are we going to get out?"

"Follow me." She grabbed her car keys and wallet and walked into the living room again. She pried open a window and I saw a fire escape with her car conveniently at the bottom. "I've been prepared for this."

"What about dinner?" I pouted. She let out a breathy laugh as we climbed out the window.

"We can stop and pick some up. I know where we can get some." She headed for the fire escape but I at least wanted a bite. I slithered to the table and stuck the spoon in my mouth. I immediately regretted it, my hand went over my mouth as I tried to swallow it and not make a sound. "Let's go." I heard Emily say and I quickly grabbed my boots and jumped out the window. We were quickly going down the stairs when I spoke up. "Remind me that next time we do dinner I cook, I'm sorry but that was gross." We both laughed a bit as we made it near the bottom.

I took the final jump to the ground and brushed my hair back with my fingers. "Let's get out of here." I said climbing into Emily's small car. We backed out and were gone before Oliver even left her doorstep.

—--

We crashed down on the sofa in my living room, both letting out a deep sigh. We sat in silence for a few minutes when I sat up and turned to Emily.

"I've noticed you don't wear low cut shirts anymore." I said softly but she flinched.

"Well you don't wear skirts that come above your knees anymore." She crossed her arms as if she was protecting herself. "But I should tell you, the moment I got here I removed it." I slouched my shoulders, she was right. I didn't want anyone to know about what Doyle did. The team didn't even find out before I 'died'. She shifted in her seat uncomfortably, I must have struck a nerve, despite her no longer having the brand and I felt terrible. I scooted over and wrapped my arms around her neck. This was the first time we had touched each other - other than the occasional arm and hand touches - since that evening we kissed and all those feelings washed over me.

"Emily, I'm sorry I said that. It was stupid." I rested my head on her shoulder and hers fell on top of mine. "I got mine removed back in the states but it still hurts." I absentmindedly rested my hand over the spot on my leg.

"Don't feel bad." She sighed. Before I could think about it I looked up at her and pressed my lips against hers. My eyes fluttered shut as I felt her fingers run through my hair. We both pulled away and Emily's face was overtaken by a huge smile. "You never fail to make me feel 1000% better." She beamed.

"Then let's never be apart." I perked up bringing my legs onto the couch and sitting criss-cross and tucking my skirt between my legs making sure it covers my crotch and thighs. Her smile turned into a puzzled look as she propped her head up with her arm on the back of my sofa. "I've already told you Emily, I love you and after I did we never talked about it again-"

"I wanted to talk about it but I could never find the right time. I'm sorry." Emily apologized.

"Stop," I told her. "I don't want you to apologize, I want you to tell me how you feel about me. You never really touched on that." I slightly fidgeted with my hands.

"Well I love you as well. If anything actually happened to you I wouldn't know what to do with myself. The reason I asked you to come to my house was because I was going to ask you to be my actual girlfriend." I was in shock. The woman I had admired for so long just said that to me.

"Then do it."

"Do what?"

"Ask me to be your girlfriend." I said in a 'duh' like tone.

"Will you, Kira Monet, be my girlfriend?"

"But of course." I giggled. A pink hue danced across my cheeks as I leaned back onto her. "I love you Emily Prentiss."

"I love you too Kira Monet."