Capricious

Capricious

(adj.)Sudden change of mood or behavior.

This is mostly just a filler chapter except for the last part where it says "Read Here" if you would like you can just skip to there.

I layed on my couch bundled up in a wad of my own blankets. A pile of tissues a mile high was sitting next to me. God I felt like crap. I was freezing but I knew I had a fever, my sinuses were clogged, and my stomach was killing me.

After about 30 minutes of sitting in pure silence I decided to get up and go see my doctor. I needed to get back to work ASAP. I was about to walk out the door when my phone rang.

"Hello?" My voice was stuffy and dry it sounded awful.

"Hey it's Em, we're heading to LA for this case so I won't be back for a few days. Hotch said if you feel any better that Garcia would love your help but get some rest." Emily's voice was hushed so she was probably already on the jet but it was still clouded with worry. This would be the first case since I got back I wouldn't be in the field for.

"I'm actually about to go to the doctor, I just want to get back to work so I pulled myself off the couch." Emily's velvet laugh came through the phone, flowing into my ear.

"Okay well as long as you don't get into a wreck I can't stop you. Take it easy Kira" There was a pause and I could hear talking in the back. "Morgan says hello." Emily sounded annoyed while saying that part. I giggled a quick hello back and said my goodbyes.

----

I sat in the cold doctor's office studying the room. The rough paper under me crinkled with every move I made. The sun shone through the windows but did close to nothing to warm me up. There was suddenly a sharp knock at the door and I lady walked in.

"Hi I'm Doctor Gates, you're Kira Monet correct?" She extended her hand to me while setting down her clipboard.

"Yep, that's me."

"Well I was looking at the tests you took with the nurse when you first arrived and there is nothing that I can see that is wrong. No flu, no strep throat, no diseases, and you're not dehydrated. You're absolutely healthy."

What?

"Then what's wrong with me?" I tried to contain my panic.

"From a medical standpoint, nothing but from any other standpoint I would say a tremendous amount of stress. Your body couldn't handle it and gave out." My thoughts flew back to yesterday.

"Ian Doyle disappeared from prison."

"I'll give you anxiety meds to help and your symptoms should go away by the end of the day as long as you take it easy. This is not contagious so you're free to go back to work." She smiled sweetly, her large green eyes disappearing as she did so. "Have a good day Kira."

"Thank you Doctor."

~Read Here~

Next thing I knew I was walking down the hall to Garcia's office.

"Good afternoon Pen." I set my purse down on the couch near the door.

"Kira! You're here- you're not sick are you?"

"No, I'm good, the doctor said just stress."

"Then you should be at home resting gum-drop." I shook my head in disagreement.

"I would be bored to death. There's also something I want to talk to you about." I bit my lip. This would be the only time I can talk to her and just her. Garcia's my best friend besides Emily. I can trust her and Reid already knows so..

"So while I was in New York I became a legal sniper." Garcia gasped, covering her mouth.

"No way that's so cool!" Her fingers started twirling her hair.

"Yeah well Hotch doesn't know because it's not in my file, do you think there would be an easy way to tell him or if I should just keep it to myself."

"I'd say whenever you're ready, when the time comes you'll know."

"Thanks, but until then can you not tell anyone, especially Hotch."

"Of course darling." Before the conversation could continue there was an incoming call. "Goddess of all knowledge coming to you straight from the lair of things good and bad, Kira is also here. What can I do for you?"

"I need you to run a plate babygirl." Morgan's deep voice came through. I could hear traffic roaring in the background of the call so they were definitely outside. That's when I got a call from an unknown number.

"Hey, I'll be right back." My voice cracked a bit because I knew who was calling. I stepped into the bathroom and picked up the phone. "Monet."

"Kira! Good to hear from you." It was Tsia.

"Hey, good to hear from you too!" I masked happiness for the sake of the conversation. "How are you doing?"

"Great actually! I'm engaged."

"No way, to who?

"Jeremy."

"That's crazy, I'm happy for you." There was a silence that fell between us. We were both thinking the same thing.

"I know," Tsia started. "You have nothing to be worried about honey, he knows Raya Lynch died."

"Right."

"Say it." Tsia was always demanding but not in a rude way, more like a mom way.

"Raya Lambert is dead." After that I felt like I was going to be sick again so I hung up and just stood there for a minute before returning to Garcia's office.

"There you are, I thought you were never going to come back." Garcia joked. I then got a text.

Boss Man🤵🏻:

When we get back we need to talk.

My stomach fell to my feet.

What the hell did I do? The only thing I could think of was me becoming a sniper. Shit.

I looked up at Garcia who was typing away at her computer.

She blabbed.