5:

I feel like I'm going to throw up.

"Ileana, we have to go inside. It's gotta be in there!" I say.

Her expression is sad and concerned, then she looks behind me.

"Hey, there's Adam."

"Huh?" I ask, turning around.

"Hailey!"

I'm not only surprised that he's running at us at full speed, but also, he remembers my name. I'm so stressed that I can't even swoon or be starstruck.

His legs are so long that it doesn't take him long to reach us.

"I was hoping you guys weren't gone yet."

He extends an arm and opens his hand.

"You dropped your necklace," he says.

I let out a sigh of relief and take it from him.

"Oh my god. Thank you so much. How did you know it's mine?"

"I remember seeing it on you when you were in line," he explains.

"You have no idea how much it means to me. Thank you so much."

"Of course."

There's an awkward silence before Illy clears her throat.

"Are you ready to go, Hails?"

"Yes."

I turn back to Adam.

"It was nice meeting you; I love your work. Thanks again," I say.

"No problem, drive safe."

He waves goodbye then starts to run back to the building with the probably impatient fans. We get into the car and I put the necklace in my pocket; the clasp is broken so I can't put it on right now.

Thinking of the day, I'm all smiles. I look down at my newly autographed picture of him. I decide that I need to turn the photo over, or else I'll just stare at it, obsessing over it the whole way home. I realize that there's writing on the back.

"Holy shit," I say.

"What?"

"There's a phone number on the back!" I yell.

"What?!"

Ileana is so shocked that she actually takes her eyes off the road, to look. We swerve all over.

"Illy!" I scream in terror.

"Sorry!"

She steadies the car.

"Why would a celebrity just give out their number like that? That's so unsafe!" I exclaim in true concern.

"Who cares? You're going to contact him, right?"

"I don't know..."

"You don't know? Hailey, this is a dream come true for you, is it not?"

"Yes..."

"Then why not go for it?"

"What if it doesn't end well and then I can never look at him the same or enjoy his work again because every time I see him, I just think of the failed attempt?"

"A failed attempt is better than no attempt," she says.

"I guess you're right."

"Nothing will happen at all if you don't even try."

We didn't even drink, today was already eventful enough. When we got home, we hugged, said good night and went to our rooms. Today was the most exciting birthday I've ever had.