Epilogue:

TWO YEARS LATER

"Alright, everyone, all together!" my maid of honor, Ileana, calls out.

She sets the timer on her camera, then runs to be with me, Adam, Imogen, and Noah. The camera clicks, capturing photos of our red and black formal wear. Her stilettos clack as she walks back to the camera, her pocket chain jingling and slapping against her perfectly ironed, red pantsuit.

"Alright, now just the bride, bridesmaid, and of course, her favorite of all, me, the maid of honor. Men, get the fuck outta my shot," Illy says in a jokingly cocky tone.

We all laugh. Setting the timer, she runs to stand between her girlfriend and I.

Click

She checks the photo.

"Beautiful. Okay, now groom and best man."

Noah and Adam shuffle back over.

Click

"Perfect. Now, finally, bride and groom."

Adam and I pose together. We get one of us kissing with the sunset in the background, one of him holding me bridal style, and a silly one of him pretending he's going to step on my dress. My confidence has really improved over the past year, therapy is really working for me. A year ago, I would have never worn a form fitting dress like this.

Our wedding is very unconventional, but I can't imagine a better one. A red and black theme, I didn't have someone walk me down the aisle, our flower girl is actually a flower dog (the cutest ever, by the way), and we didn't do a garter toss. We can't even do a bouquet toss, because the only unmarried women here are my mom, Ileana, and Imogen, and Imogen and Illy are already dating.

Other than those three, it's just me, Adam, Noah, Greta, and Moose. We chose a vineyard here in New York, and paid to fly out mama, Illy, and Imogen. Ileana agreed to be our photographer after we fought about her trying to make me not pay her. I won, we're paying her. She's been clean ever since the attempt, and is doing much better now. I'm so proud of her. I quit my job at the gas station and now have my dream job, a caregiver. My life is moving in a great direction, and I'm so excited to see where it goes. Now, I can dance the perfect night away with my new husband.