32:

I've been here for a few days now, and I've really settled in. Adam leaves early in the morning to film, and when he gets back, we watch tv together and hang out. We've caught up on Grey's Anatomy, so now we're looking for a new show to watch together. We started Supernatural, but he hated it, so we might watch Umbrella Academy instead.

I haven't talked to Ileana at all, and I haven't decided when I'll be coming back. Adam has been really good at keeping my mind off it. I'm laying in bed when a smell wafts into the room. I sniff the air.

"Maple?" I mutter.

I walk to the kitchen where I see him cooking. He smiles when he notices me.

"Morning," he says.

"Morning. I didn't know you were home."

"Yeah, no filming today," he explains.

I smile.

"Oh, cool."

He hands me a plate of food.

"It looks really good," I say as he pulls out a chair for me at the table.

"Thanks."

We both sit down to eat.

"Do you cook often?" I ask.

"I love cooking. It's one of the few joys I have."

I chuckle.

"Feel like going out today?" He asks.

"Sure, where?"

"Out to eat. A coworker and I are going out to her favorite cafe," he explains.

Her?

"Oh. Sure."

The memory of him coming home smelling like perfume comes to mind.

"So, you guys close orrrr?" I pry.

"No, just working together right now."

I nod.

Adam and I are leaving soon. It's cold outside, so I put on a long, black coat. Underneath, I have white jeans on. I look like someone from a Burlington ad, but that feels really New York to me, so I'm okay with it.

I'm ready to go. I take a deep breath before coming into the living room. Adam is turning off the tv and grabbing his keys. He's wearing a black hoodie and matching black pants. His hair is perfectly laid, of course.

"You ready?" he asks.

I nod my head, too nervous to actually speak. He holds the front door for me and we walk out to his car. Once out to the car, he holds that door for me too. I smile as I get in. He gets in too, and looks up directions on his GPS, not Google maps.

"People are too reliant on their phones nowadays."

"Okay, I'll make sure to get you a map for your birthday," I joke.

He chuckles. I watch the scenery as we drive. The view sure is different than what we have back in Alabama.

"Can you do me a favor?"

"Sure, what's up?"

"Open up the glovebox and give me a piece of gum."

I open the glovebox, but before I spot the gum, I see a pair of heart shaped glasses instead.