10:

10:

It's dangerously close to 3:30 now and I'm worried. Ileana still isn't home and Adam should be here any minute. I knew Illy wouldn't be back in time. I'm also nervous for Adam to see my house. I'm pacing around my living room when I hear a knock at the door.

I swallow hard and go to answer it. Adam's here, he greets me while looking into my eyes before I see them drift down my body.

"You look amazing," he breathes.

I blush.

"Thank you."

I invite him in and he sits on my couch. I awkwardly sit on the other end.

"Sooo...how was your day?"

He smiles.

"Good, yours?"

"Same, thank you."

"Where's Ileana?" he asks.

I sigh. My irritation's back.

"I've been wondering the same thing."

"Is she coming?"

"She says she is. This is just what she does. I can't remember the last time she was on time for something." I shrug. "Not ideal, but everyone has their faults."

Over the next hour, we got more comfortable with each other and had many conversations. It's now about 4:35 and Ileana is finally home. Adam and I look at her. She looks at me and clenches her jaw, but doesn't say anything and goes straight to her room.

"I'll be right back," I tell Adam.

I go down the hall and see her dashing around her room.

"I don't need your lecture, I already know how late I am."

"I'm not gonna lecture you, Illy. I'm really disappointed, but not surprised."

"Well I'm sorry that my life doesn't fucking revolve around you, Hailey," she says as she gets dressed.

"What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing; forget about it. Look, I'm sorry. I'm ready now, we can go," she says.

The outfit she chose isn't her usual style. She just threw on black jeans and a slipknot shirt, usually she's more dressed up than this. Normally, I'm the casual one.

She softens.

"Hails, I thought about what you said earlier, about my drinking problem. You're right, and I want to cut down. So please don't let me drink tonight..."

I hug her.

"Of course, I'm always here for you."

She gives me a small smile; we head back to the living room. Adam's standing in the kitchen.

"Hey, what happened in here?" he asks.

"Oh, I almost burnt everything down," Ileana says.

He looked at the charred room, concerned.

"Yeah, that's gonna be expensive to repair," I say, quietly.

Ileana whispers,

"Sorry."

I wave her off.

"Are we all ready now?" Adam asks.

It's about 5 now.

"Yup," Illy and I confirm.