37:

Now that Adam and I are official, I am in heaven. Things are looking up. He's asked me to go with him today to set for the last day of filming. I want to look cute so I give everyone a good first impression.

I put on a short black dress with a plunging neckline, covering it with a black leather jacket since it's raining again. I accessorize with a black, shag clutch and a gold heart necklace. I smile at myself softly in the mirror. He comes up behind me and wraps his arms around me, kissing my neck.

"So pretty," he says.

"Thank you."

I kiss the side of his head; he smiles. He's wearing a super soft, green pullover, and tan pants. He nuzzles into my neck.

"Are you ready to go?" he asks.

"Yeah."

Filming just finished wrapping up, and Adam's over talking to the director. I'm basically guarding the food table. The food is so good! He introduced me to everyone. They were all so friendly. I would have never thought I would be so at ease in a room full of celebrities.

"Hey, girly!" I hear a familiar voice call out.

I turn around to see Riri running towards me. I tense up. I know there's nothing going on between them, but she still makes me uncomfortable. I fake a smile as she hugs me.

"How are you?"

"Great, thanks," she says, sheepishly.

That's weird.

"Everything okay?"

"I just wanted to make sure you're not worried about Adam and I," she says.

I offer an awkward smile.

"Of course not."

"Good!" She smiles brightly. "He's a very talented performer, a great guy and very professional, but I'm not interested in him in that way at all. I was actually really happy for you guys when I heard that you two are together now."

"Thank you," I say.

"He talks about you all the time, we all knew he was into you."

I can't help but smile like an idiot. I catch Adam smiling at me from across the room. A man whose name I've already forgotten, walks up to us.

"Ri, Scott's looking for you."

"Alright, I gotta go, Hailey. See you later."

We say goodbye and she walks away. Adam walks over to me.

"Now that I'm done filming, I can spend time with my favorite person."

"Noah Baumbach?"

He laughs and hugs me.

"No, someone much prettier."

I get a text and it instantly changes the vibe.

"Ileana again?" he asks softly.

I nod.

"Hailey, it's been almost a month. Maybe you should talk to her."

"I'll talk to her when I come home. I leave in a few days anyway," I argue.

He sighs.

"At least read the message?"

"Fine," I agree.

I hesitantly open it.

Hailey, please talk to me. I need you

I feel a pang of guilt and sadness. Maybe I have dragged this out too long, I know I can't continue to hold this grudge. She's my best friend; this has to end eventually.

He pulls me closer.

"Y'know, I was thinking that instead of getting you a plane ticket home, maybe we can make a road trip out of it instead."

I chuckle.

"Aren't you tired of me yet?" I ask.

"Oh, I could never get tired of you."

I smile.

"You know what? Sure, why not? I'm down."

He smiles back at me.

"Great."