31:

Adam comfortingly squeezes my hand while we sit in the back of the Uber, on our way to the airport.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" he asks.

I think back to yesterday, the way Ileana begged me not to leave as I ignored her pleas and walked out of the room, the way I slept in a motel last night.

"Yes."

He kisses the top of my hand, and the rest of the ride is silent.

After a long flight, we finally land in New York.

"Home, sweet home," Adam says.

He effortlessly takes my bags, and carries them through the airport. The wind blows through his beautiful hair, underneath his cap. His black shirt grips tightly at his muscles. I try to ignore it.

I sigh.

"I need to find a motel to sleep in."

"You could, but I actually had a better idea," he says.

"Hm?"

"I wouldn't mind if you stay with me."

"Oh, Adam, I can't."

"Why?" he asks, stepping closer.

"That's your space, and you're so busy. I can't just invade your space like that and be a burden."

He steps closer again, and moves some hair out of my face.

"Please do. Invade my space; I want you in my space. I have a guest room, but you could stay in my bed instead, if you'd like," he says, smiling slightly.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Okay. I'll go."

Getting out of the taxi, we've arrived at his home. It's not what I'd expect from a celebrity. It just looks like a regular apartment building. He carries my stuff inside, and I just stand there awkwardly as he sets it all down. Moose stands up, wagging his tail, and barks at us. I smile.

"Hiii!" I coo at him.

Adam smiles.

"This is Moose."

I play it off as if I didn't already know that.

He takes a deep breath and claps his hands together as I pet Moose.

"Okay, now the tour."

He grands my hand and leads me around, showing me everything. It's gorgeous. When you first enter, you're in an open plan kitchen and living room. Matte black cabinets, black counters with marble tops, chrome stove and fridge, a black island to match the black and white stools pulled up to it. The walls are a light gray, the floors a shiny dark wood. White couches sit in front of a glass coffee table with nice, dark wooden coasters. A black rug sits underneath the table, in front of the classic, brick fireplace, sitting below the mounted flat screen tv. To the left of the couches are two big windows, from ceiling to floor. They overlook the busy city streets, and take up the whole wall. I've never seen a view like this. To the right of the kitchen, is a hall. The first door on the left is the bathroom, next to it is the guest bedroom, and across from the guest room, his bedroom. Everything is so nice and clean.

"This is really nice," I say, yawning.

"Is that sarcastic?" he asks, laughing.

"No, sorry, I'm just really tired."

"Well, what room do you want?"

I look at him apologetically.

"The guest room.."

"Damn, scared I'll bite?" he says.

"No, I just think it would be a bad idea to sleep in the same bed. We've only known each other for a few months, and we're not even officially together, so..."

"It's okay, Hailey. I was just joking."

"You're not upset? You still want me here?"

"Of course. You don't have to do anything that makes you uncomfortable."

"Thank you...'

"Good night, Hailey."

I get settled, and go to sleep for the night.

I wake up to a silent apartment. I realize Adam's not home. I walk out to the living room and stand at the window, watching the cars pass by on the street. I let the calm wash over me. I spot the coffee machine, and locate his mugs. I smile when I see that he owns a Darth Vader one.

I take my first sip of coffee, and smile contently. I hear keys rattling before he comes through the front door.

"You're up!"

"Yup. Where were you?" I ask.

"Filming."

"And you're already done for the day?"

"Yeah...and you're drinking coffee right now?"

"Yeah...why not?"

"It's 3:00pm."

"What?!" I yell, setting the mug down.

I check my phone.

"Oh my god!"

He chuckles.

"It's okay. Probably jet lag."

He hugs me; I'm embarrassed that I overslept, but now I'm faced with another worry. He smells like perfume.