36:

CW: Sexual content

'm sitting on Adam's couch, eating a shit ton of ice cream. Why am I even here? Everything is so confusing. Right when everything is going well, we take several steps back. I should have known this wouldn't work out.

He's handsome and famous, there's so many women who want him. I can't blame him for not wanting to settle for just one, especially me. I'm leaving tomorrow; our fun day has come to a close.

It's just me, Moose, the big apartment windows, the dark cloudy sky and the storm outside. He left about an hour ago. As I'm drifting off, I hear footsteps outside the door.

I look over to see him walk in. He looks at me and smiles as he closes the door.

"Hey, beautiful," he says.

"Hi."

"What'd you do while I was gone?" he asks.

I gesture to the space between me and the TV.

"This."

He looks up to see Harry Potter taking the sorcerer's stone out of his pocket.

"Exciting."

I nod.

"How was your night?"

He shrugs.

"Boring," he responds.

Boring? You spend over an hour with a beautiful woman and all you can say is it's boring? Meanwhile, I'm back at his apartment basically decaying into a pint of Ben & Jerry's.

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"I always get so anxious in situations like that."

I can't imagine a man who looks like him being nervous to perform.

"Oh, really?"

"Yeah. There were just too many of us."

He was with multiple women?!

"Oh..."

"And it was so expensive!"

Oh my god, prostitutes.

"It didn't even taste all that great, honestly."

I'm just gawking at him, unable to reply.

"What?" he asks.

I chuckle uncomfortably as I get up. I can't believe what I'm hearing. I know he's not my boyfriend, but this is still upsetting. I can't believe I've been staying here for about two weeks and he's been out sleeping with other women while I'm here in his home. He couldn't even wait for me to leave.

"This is crazy."

"What do you mean?"

"Why am I even here, Adam?" I ask, trying to stay calm.

"Because I'd rather you be safe here than at some motel?" He says.

"No, why did you even invite me to New York?"

"Are you not having a good time?" he asks, seeming sad.

"It's great when you're not acting shady."

"How am I acting shady?"

"Canceling our dinner to go have a full on fucking orgy? I know that you're single and can do whatever you want, I get that, but you can't even give me the basic respect and decency to wait until I leave, instead of leaving me here to go fuck?"

His face is absolutely contorted in confusion before he bursts into laughter. This just pisses me off even more.

"I don't understand what's so funny," I say.