8:

As soon as my finger hits send, I am filled with dread. Oh god, what have I done? This isn't some fanfiction, this will never work out. Worst of all, I can't go next door to be comforted through my panic by Ileana, because she's asleep. I can hear her snoring through the paper thin wall separating our bedrooms.

I'm pacing around my room, biting my nails. Minutes pass, it's been about five now. I feel sick to my stomach. My phone vibrates. I basically fling myself across my room to get to my phone; real casual.

"Who's this?" the text reads.

"Hailey."

"Oh, hey!"

He used an exclamation, is he excited to hear from me?

"Finally got a moment where I'm not busy :)"

"I'm glad :) How are you?"

"I'm good, you?"

"Pretty good now. Just got out of the shower."

"Ugh, that's what I need to do. My shift has me so greasy and gross. Sorry about the way I looked earlier."

"I thought you looked great."

"I was basically a walking bucket of KFC."

"KFC's slogan is "finger lickin' good" for a reason."

I laugh out loud.

"Are you calling me finger lickin' good?"

"Possibly. Maybe I like my women slippery."

He decided to retract that.

"I didn't mean that in a weird way, sorry."

I smile at my texts. The realization that I'm having a casual conversation with Adam Driver and I have his number, starts to sink in and my nervousness comes back.

"Are you busy tomorrow?" he asks.

"No, why?"

"There's a party I have to go to tomorrow and I'd love to not have to go alone," he says.

"I thought you didn't like public events."

"I don't, but it's my friend, Noah's. I'm going out of courtesy and I thought maybe it'd be more bearable if you came too."

My heart flutters. I wish I could consult with Illy before making a decision. I decide to bite the bullet.

"Can I bring Ileana?"

"Sure."

"Then I'll be there," I say.

"I can't wait to see you :)"

"Same to you :) I'm going to take a shower then go to bed."

"Good night, Hailey."

I'm awakened by the sound of loud beeping filling my house.

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The fire alarm! I run down the hall and into the kitchen. I see Illy throwing pots of water on our burning stove top. Smoke fills our house and the flames rage on.

"WHAT THE FUCK?!" I yell.

"Morning! Don't worry, I have it completely under control."

She most definitely does not. I grab the fire extinguisher from the cabinet under the sink. I manage to put out the fire before the flames engulf our whole home.

"Huh...I didn't know we had one of those."