21:

I send him a selfie of me in the break room and tell him I'm happy he made it home.

"Miss me?" he asks.

I jokingly respond,

"Not at all"

"Oh, really?"

"Yep. Already met another guy. We're engaged"

"Okay, but is he me?"

"No"

"Then you can't be too happy with him"

I laugh. We finish our conversation then I go back to work.

It's been a few days since Adam has returned back to New York, and so far so good. We have actually been keeping in contact like he said we would. We call, text, video chat, I send memes then have to explain them to him.

I've been pretty busy the past couple of days, so I haven't really been on social media; I prepare for my horrifying return to stan Twitter. Twitter is always so jarring. You never know what you're going to get. It could be funny tweets, thirst tweets, which with the fandom I'm in, I see a lot, or you can stumble across straight up porn.

I open the app; all is good until I see the paparazzi photos from the airport circulating on my timeline. The rats are rabid over them. Everyone is talking in caps. They're all trying to figure out who the woman is, if she's his girlfriend, and if she is, how long have they been together.

I practically wince at the harsh comments about my appearance. Good thing there's no photos of the kiss. I appreciate those who are just ignoring that I'm even there and thirsting over him. I screenshot the tweets and send them to Adam.

"Well, people are talking."

He replies,

"It's okay. I start filming a new project next month. Once they see me with a female co-star, they'll have something else to talk about and forget about you, it always happens when photos are released of me and a woman."

He has a point; when House of Gucci came out, everyone swore up and down that something was going on between him and Lady Gaga.

"Are you okay?" he asks.

"Yeah, it's not too bad"

It really isn't. I'm not too bothered. It could be worse, I just hope people thinking that we're dating doesn't bother him. Adam doesn't seem like the type to care about others' opinions; I'm sure everything will be fine.

There's a knock on my door.

"Come in!" I call out.

Ileana enters my room.

"Heyyy."

"Heyyy."

I scoot over so she can sit next to me. Things between Illy and I are a lot better. We've been hanging out like we used to, and her drinking seems to have calmed down.

In the past five days, she's only hung out with Ian once, maybe that's why things have been more peaceful.

"So, I was thinking-"

"Yikes."

"Oh fuck off," she says, laughing and playufully hitting me. "We haven't gone out together since the meet and greet; we've both been so busy with work. We should go out to lunch together."

"Sure, where?"

"Panda Express? I need some orange chicken."

"Panda? You wouldn't want some authentic food from your culture? You just want a lazy American impression of it?"