9:

It took me a while to calm down.

"Ileana, you have to be more careful," I say.

"Yes, mother," she jokes.

I'm not amused.

"I made breakfaaaast!" she announces as she pushes the- uh- food? In front of me.

It's burnt to a crisp, of course. The eggs and bacon are completely black.

"Nutritious."

She grimaced.

"Order food?" she asks, sheepishly.

"Yeah."

30 minutes later we're eating our doordashed food. I have to bring up the party.

"I'm going out tonight," I say.

She lights up.

"Really? Where? With who?"

"A party. Hopefully with you."

"Hailey, you know I'm always down for a party. It's the whole reason I got into photography!"

Sophomore year of college, Ileana got really drunk at a party and took some nudes in a grimy frat bathroom. When she woke up the next day, I thought she would have a crisis; instead, after looking at the photos, she thought that despite her being hammered, they were pretty good, and decided to try her hand at photography.

"Whose party is it?" she asked.

"Noah's, Adam's friend. It's at 4."

Her eyes widen.

"How did you get invited?" she asks.

I show her my messages.

"You finally messaged him!"

I nod, proud of myself. She high fives me. She looks at her watch.

"I have some errands to run today. I'll be back in time though."

I gave her a look.

"Are you sure? You know your punctuality is horrible." I say.

She rolls her eyes.

"I'm not that bad."

"The meet and greet, high school graduation, your birthday party last year," I list off.

"In my defense, it was a surprise party."

"It was not! We talked about it multiple times beforehand, and on top of that, you showed up drunk," I argued.

"I don't remember talking about it."

"Of course, you were probably drunk then too," I huff.

She looks offended. I take a deep breath.

"I'm sorry. Do what you gotta do, be safe, I'll see you when you get back. Adam will be here around 3:30 to pick us up."

She didn't say anything; she just left. I sigh and clean up our trash. Illy rarely ever cleans up her messes.

It's about 2:00 now, I need to start getting ready. I brush my hair, then search my closet for something to wear. I pull my hair into a ponytail with a black bow. I opt for my shimmery brown dress that has a black slip underneath, and some lacy white heels. Of course, I also have my necklace on, now that I've had it fixed. I decide not to take a purse, just my floral wallet. Now for my makeup; I choose a nude smokey eye, contour, gold highlight, and a dark red, matte lip. Now I have to wait for Ileana to get home.