23:

I quickly put my knife away.

"Thanks. Surprise!" Adam yells.

"You're here?!"

"Obviously. Are you gonna hug me or not?" he asks, chuckling.

I run to him and hug him tightly.

"I missed you," he says.

I smile up at him.

"Thank you for coming back to see me."

"Thank Ileana."

"What?"

I glance at her. She smiles.

"She paid for me to fly out. She organized everything."

"How could you afford this? And how did you contact him without me knowing?" I ask.

"Ian helped me, and I told you he has connections."

I give Illy a hug.

"You deserve it. I'm sorry I've put you through so much recently; I'll do better from now on."

She looks at me apologetically.

"I love you, Ileana. You know I'll always be here for you."

After hugging, Illy says,

"That's not all."

Her and Adam exchange glances and small smiles.

"I'm also paying for you guys to go to Red Lobster tonight," she says.

"We're going to Red Lobster?!"

Adam nodded, smiling.

"Oh my god, thank you so much, Illy! Tell Ian I said thank you too?"

"Of course."

"What time are we leaving?" I ask Adam.

"5:30 sound good?"

"Yeah," I agree.

I squeal and hug him.

"I'm so excited!"

I've never been to Red Lobster before, so I don't know what the dress code is. I decide it's better to be overdressed than underdressed. I've just finished putting a barrette in my hair; I'm wearing a white romper with a tropical pattern, clear heels, a gold chain around my neck, and gold hoops. I'm taking my little black coin purse with me, even though I'm not paying for the food.

I can't believe how much has happened in the past few months. I was just a bland girl not too long ago. I only have one friend, I work at a gas station, and usually nothing interesting happens to me. Now I'm going to dinner with a celebrity I've had a crush on for years.

Self doubt begins to grasp me. Should I put on makeup? It's rare that I wear it. I'm no good at makeup and it causes me more stress than satisfaction. Would he still be interested without it? Is he truly even interested now? I'm waiting for the moment that he tells me he's bored and it was all just for fun anyway. He could have a gorgeous moviestar, why settle for me? There's a knock at our front door. I look at the time, it's 5:30. Time to push back my negative thoughts and get out there.