Chapter 24: The strongest of all

(The start is kinda crappy so I'm sorry for that!)

Author POV:
'Don't let her get out of your sight..'

You whispered to hummingbird as he took flying after The girl, making sure no one is seeing him, especially Uraraka..

"Good work out there Ida.."

"Oh.. Uraraka... Is that you?! Why the furrowed brows?"

"Brows..?"

Hummingbird flew fast through the open door and hiding in a shadowed corner to one of the tables.

"Ah..I'm just a little nervous. Guess it shows on my face."

"Right, your opponent is.. Bakugo.."

Ida said with a worried but firm expression
And hummingbird listened to it all, until the young green haired boy slammed the door open and making the bird flinch while making a short chirp noise.

"Deku! Wait! Shouldn't you be watching the other matches?"

"Another two had ended already, they were pretty short. Now Kirishima is fighting with someone from class B. Ashido managed to damage Aoyama's belt. He panicked and she knocked him out with a  uppercut to the chin. Then Tokoyami won his match against Yaoyorozu, he didn't gave her time to use the object she created."

"So, I'm up soon.."

Hummingbird moved closer trying to hear the conversation between the three.

"But I can't imagine that Bakugo would give all his explosions against a female opponent!"

Hummingbird let out a low chirp at Ida's words, showing how dumb his thoughts were..

"No. He will.. everyone's competition here with the dream of becoming number one. No one's holding back. Kacchan least of all.."

Midoriya explained everything as we he hold something up from his back..

"Uraraka, you helped me a lot recently, so I want to return the favour by helping you with Kacchan! You need a counter-strategy for him, so I came up with one on the fly but it might work!"

"... Thank you Deku, but that's ok!"

Silent was fallen upon the room.

"You're amazing Deku. You do so many amazing things all the time. During the Calvary battle, I thought the best strategy was to team up with friends.. but now that I think more about it, I was just putting my faith in you. When Ida said "I challenge you" and all that, it left me feeling a little embarrassed about myself."

"Uraraka.."

"Thanks, but no thanks!"

She went to the door with her face down until she stopped right in front of it, looking up with a shaky smile and a thumbs up.

"I'll see you in the finals!"

And with that she turned back and left leaving the other two there with hummingbird ready to leave until he stopped, hearing a new conversation between the two start..

"Well then, I guess the only thing we can do for now is to wish only the best for her."

The blue haired spoke.

"Yeah, this is the last battle in the first rounds, so I just wish this is going to end good" 

"Oh yes, Midoriya!"

"?"

The shorter male hummed in confusion.

"You're going up against Y/N next round for the start of the second rounds aren't you?"