Three | Home

The two women introduced themselves immediately, while the males turned and walked back into the forest. 

Dammit.

The taller female, covered in tattoos, was Eve, and the shorter woman with red hair down to her ass was Prim. They tilted their heads to Visena slightly, waiting for a response. She half-smiled, half grimaced and nodded at them briefly.

"So...Should we follow them?" she asked.

Both women shared a look and stood on either side of her. Prim cleared her throat, linking her arm with Visena's and asked, "What pack are you from?"

Visena shrugged. "I don't think I have one." Although her memories were fried, she felt in her gut that she was at least half right.

Or is that just the hunger pangs?

Both women frowned, confused. "What species are you?"

'Fae.'  A whisper echoed in her mind with a fading hush like trembling leaves in a gentle wind.

Visena's brows shot up. "I think I'm Fae?" The disclosure was made so slowly that it came out like a question.

Prims brows shot up as she looked over Visena's grubby body. "I've never met a Fae before."

"How old are you?" Eve piped up, crossing her arms across her chest.

"Not sure. Maybe like twenty-something? Early twenties?" It was infuriating to Visena that she couldn't remember her age, only guessing the answer based on her reflection from the creek earlier. Her face lacked the soft roundness of a teenager but also any budding signs of wrinkles. 

"Same, " they replied with soft smiles. An overwhelming sense of welcome poured from both women, especially Prim, but Visena couldn't help but feel disappointed that the mystery male wasn't walking with her. She could see his outline up ahead next to another guy who kept peeking back at them with curious azure eyes.

"What are their names?" she questioned her companions, jutting her head toward the men.

"Well, that one," Prim lilted, pointing at the youngest-looking man who sported short chocolate waves and a hunched posture. "His name is Jed. He is Alpha's brother and one of our Gammas."

"I'm the other Gamma," Eve boasted proudly.

Visena smiled and nodded despite having no clue what the gibberish words meant.

"The brunette bodybuilder over there is my mate, Orion." Prim smiled, starry-eyed, as she pointed to her left.

A scowl appeared as he peered at the women before softening on Prim. The puppy love in his eyes was undeniable.

"Both of us are Delta's. And the one next to Alpha is Liam. He's our Beta," Prim stated as if her words made perfect sense.

Visena's curiosity got the better of her, "Am I supposed to know what it means when you say Beta or Delta or mate? And please tell me his name isn't Alpha. So pretentious."

Prim's eyes shot open wide, and her cheeks flushed. Eve, on the other hand, stifled a laugh in her palm.

"N- no, it's Greek," Prim stuttered. "It's our rankings. Or titles, I guess. Alpha, Beta, Gamma, then Delta... His name is, uh..."

Visena scrunched her face, giggling at Prim's sudden onset stammering. "Spit it out already!"

Her almond eyes flitted to the men ahead before whispering, "Gideon."

"Why was that so hard to say?" Visena felt warmth hearing the name and wanted to sound it out, but not in the presence of so many strangers. She saw Liam chuckle but didn't think Gideon had even been talking.