Thirty-three | Too late

Svend was the one who ended up escorting her back to her cell while the others disappeared quickly.

"I need you to wear the collar and cuffs."

"No, Svend. I will not." Visena turned on him. She was starting to get really pissed off. "I'm not going to shift, alright. Not when I can't easily get to a Fae realm. It's complicated."

Svend grimaced. He looked to be fighting some inner battle. "What if I place a barrier between your skin and the collar, so it doesn't burn you? Yrsa will suspect something otherwise."

Visena's mouth nearly hit the floor. "Don't tell me you've had a change of heart. Have you switched sides?"

Svend covered her mouth with his huge hand. "Quiet. I don't know yet. But something is off, and it has been for a while."

A smile tugged at Visena's lips beneath Svend's palm. "Fine. Put them back on."

The pair paused in the empty hall and placed the collar on, careful not to hurt Visena this time. The cuffs didn't hurt; they were just a nuisance.

"Hurry up." Svend grabbed her elbow and dragged her. About to explode at him, she spotted one of the Wolf Council members rounding the corner with a scowl. She scowled right back and showed him the glorious length of her middle finger.

Svend shoved Visena for good measure and dragged her back to the cell, leading her into the box by her elbow. "I'll get Alethea to bring you proper meals," he spoke one last time before closing the door.

Just before he did, Visena let him know, "they actually prefer to go by T. Just for future reference."

The door hovered for a moment. A sliver of light illuminated the room as Svend processed Visena's words. Then, in an instant, it was gone, and she was plunged into darkness again.

***

The hours were slow. Visena got plenty to eat, which was a relief, and designated time in the garden for 'fresh air'. She started exercising in her cell and asked for a light after bumping her head a few times. They gave her a keychain torch, but it did the trick in the concrete box she called home. 

The Fae got into a stable routine when Yrsa rudely woke her in the early hours of the morning. She knew the time from the empty halls and crisp night air. A muslin cloth got wrapped around her eyes as the bitch dragged her to god knows where. After a few grumbles and trips onto the linoleum floors, Visena was shoved inside a small space, her body landing on hard leather seats. Her fingers brushed against a seatbelt and smooth plastic control panel of some sort. Oh, la la...Back in the Mercedes. Front seat this time.

But it wasn't the Blue moon yet. T would have told her.

"Yrsa, what are you doing? I don't think Zeir will like you messing with his plans." A hard slap to Visena's face was enough to confirm the suspicions.

"You will not speak so informally. Alpha Zeir is your king!"

She had to laugh. "What the fuck are you talking about?" Yrsa stayed quiet while Visena buckled herself in blindly. Then, after a second thought, she pulled off the blindfold in an attempt to be rebellious, only to stare down the barrel of a Wilson Combat EDC X9. She had no idea why the name of the gun zapped into her brain like a lightning bolt, but it did. 

"Put the blindfold back on. Or I'll pluck your eyes from your head. He only needs your body. He didn't say anything about keeping it whole."

Visena felt the bile rise in her throat as she replaced the covering. Something about not being able to see the gun pointed at her but knowing it was, unsettled her deeply.

She only despaired further when she realised Yrsa must have suspected something. Everyone had planned to follow Visena when Zeir came to collect her. But now she was being hand-delivered to the evil bastard. Would Mihnea be able to follow them? Did he even know she was gone? All the preparations could be for nothing.

Zeir could just throw her in a basement until the blue moon and mark her, and then everything would be over. The prophecy would come true, whatever the hell that was, and she would never see Gideon again. Her heart ached in her chest as her thoughts spiralled out of control. They had a mind of their own. "Oh my god." She groaned out loud by mistake.

"What's wrong, mutt?"

It was Visena's turn to be quiet.

It was going to be a long night...

After a few hours of driving, Yrsa ripped off Visena's blindfold along with a clump of hair. The sky was overcast as a storm kissed the horizon.

"Alright bitch, tell me what they were planning." Yrsa's voice hissed. One hand gripped the steering wheel, and the other, the gun.

"Who?" A hard backhand with the weapon rewarded Visena for her questioning.

"The Council. I know you were consorting with them. What do they know?"

"The witches spoke of a prophecy, and the vampires, well, Mihnea, said there was no proof anything illegal was happening, so he wouldn't help me escape."

Yrsa turned her head a few times to scrutinise the girl. The Alderman knew Visena had to tell the truth, but not the whole truth. 

Yrsa didn't need to know that, though.

"I just don't understand why the Fae Council didn't want to even speak to me. I'm one of their kind."

Yrsa chuckled low in her throat. "Those tricky bastards don't care about you. They don't care about anyone. You aren't even the same type of Fae. So why would they care if you lived or died?"

That took Visena aback. She stared out the window silently until her curiosity could bear it no longer.
"What do you mean, not the same type? How many types of Fae are there?"

Yrsa scoffed. "I almost forgot you lost your memory, but your stupidity keeps reminding me. There are three types. Water, earth and sky. Although, the Council made short work of the sky realm. We got the humans to cull them."

Visena's stomach churned. "You mean you murdered them? Why would you do that?"

"The Fae Council agreed. They were a nuisance and didn't want to follow Council rules. It's very simple: follow the rules and live happily ever after."

"Pull over." Visena was going to be sick. How long had these injustices been going on? The car skidded along gravel, and Visena shoved the door open before ejecting her last meal across the ground. She expected a child lock to be on the door. 

Maybe she could wrench the silver collar off and run off into the darkness in wolf form. She had a feeling Yrsa wouldn't be able to find her. But the collar was tightly fastened, and she wouldn't be able to break it off without Yrsa noticing and aiming her handgun in her face again.

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

"Where are we even going?" Visena wiped the vomit from her mouth and spat a few times before looking at a disgusted Yrsa.

"Somewhere, no one will find you until it's too late." 

~~~

A/N

Dun, dun, duuuunnnnn

What is this bitch doing? 

This seems like a poorly thought-out plan on Yrsa's part. Like now what? The whole Council would notice she's gone, right? What does Zeir have up his sleeve?

POV shift for the next chapter... I know- it's random and few and far between but I loooove building the stress mwahaha!

Until next time ;)